Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
General Severe Weather Discussion 2018

weatherwiz

7 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I think what is going on is that the prefrontal trough is now roughly parallel to the mid level flow, so it is stalling out. And now we wait for the cold front to kick things out.

yeah things might be transitioning more to flash flood threat with pockets of wind damage now? Wish the stronger 0-6km shear values would push east into this area but some nice discrete cells are popping up ahead of the line. 

29 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

East Hampton Mass

Saw the video in the other post.  Doesn't seem to be rotating.  Don't know what direction this is, east on leading edge of squall line or rear flank of a T storm.  If it were me as a spotter I would not be calling this in just based on the video I saw

Just now, wxeyeNH said:

Saw the video in the other post.  Doesn't seem to be rotating.  Don't know what direction this is, east on leading edge of squall line or rear flank of a T storm.  If it were me as a spotter I would not be calling this in just based on the video I saw

I thought it was pretty weak too.

8 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I thought it was pretty weak too.

It's possible it is just rapidly rising scud on the outflow, but it was in the right location for stretching of horizontal vorticity into the vertical. Now 0-1 km shear is very weak, so it likely wouldn't be rotating very fast. 

12 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

yeah things might be transitioning more to flash flood threat with pockets of wind damage now? Wish the stronger 0-6km shear values would push east into this area but some nice discrete cells are popping up ahead of the line. 

I don't expect it to increase markedly, but effective shear should continue to tick up as the cold front catches up to the prefrontal trough.

20 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I don't expect it to increase markedly, but effective shear should continue to tick up as the cold front catches up to the prefrontal trough.

Beginning to happen now!

Just about done at work and there is some great views in North Branford so hopefully I can head out shortly.