Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
General Severe Weather Discussion 2018

weatherwiz

3 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

DDH dumped 0.83" in an hour, so these things are putting out some torrential rain.

MRMS displaying rates of 5"/hr now coming into NH, and that's without sampling the lowest/warmest parts of the cells. 

wow, first call Tor somewhere in the CNE to NMASS area

13 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

DDH dumped 0.83" in an hour, so these things are putting out some torrential rain.

MRMS displaying rates of 5"/hr now coming into NH, and that's without sampling the lowest/warmest parts of the cells. 

The County seems to be cashing in all all events recently. Are they AN for precip this year?

20 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

2.27" this morning. Some nice TL also.   Definitely missed some of the action last night and this morning, so there are probably higher amounts around SVT somewhere.

Wow, I'd love even half that amount.  Our golf course is starting to look like the links course they play in Gullane, Scotland this past weekend

24 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

wow, first call Tor somewhere in the CNE to NMASS area

I mean with the dews we have right now you can't rule anything out because the LCL is practically on top of Kevin's house at 999 ft. But I would have my eye on wherever the outflow from this line in NH ends up. That boundary should keep flow locally backed relative to the background mixing.

Bow echo incoming. Rushing around the yard putting a loose objects in the garage LOL. Looks very fierce on radar and as always I’m worried about the tomatoes. Standing on our new deck at tree top level with a view from sw all the way around to ne.  Constant low rumbles of thunder nom stop for the last few minutes and lots of chirping birds though a sort of hollow sound.

I'm sitting at 80/77

The humidity is down right atrocious. We seem to get good Dews down here but getting the atmosphere to destabilize is a crapshoot

I'm the afternoon SUP at the adventure park today. We close high courses when lightning is within 20mi and we close the park when lightning is within 10mi.

We are open until 8pm. Anyone here think I'll be shutting down early? Honestly asking, because it usually means using equip to lower people from the trees.