Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2018 General Discussion

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

MLI up to 98 with an east wind gusting to 17mph.  Have cooled back to 87 here after topping at 96.  Heard some thunder a short while ago as a few micro cells passed just south.

Seems like a combo that wouldn't be easy to pull off in summer let alone now.

4 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Saw Elkhart was at 99, so there is Chicago's 100 :lmao:

As for here hit 94 at DTW before the lake breeze blew through, still at 91 though.

Elkhart got to 99 yesterday too.  I do wonder about the legitimacy though as it seems like they have been running on the warm side lately.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Not nearly as interesting, but a consolation prize I guess.

89 now.

Up to 91 now, which is the 3rd consecutive day AOA 90.  This is the first 3 day streak in the 90s in May since the official site moved to O'Hare, and the longest streak of May 90s since the incredible 9 day streak in 1977.

9 minutes ago, Spring 2018 Is The Worst said:

Does ORD still have a chance to hit 95 at least? 93 there last I checked with a few hours of daylight left. 

Not impossible but I'd say it will most likely be 93 or perhaps 94.  We don't have a strong advection regime so there's really no reason for temps to warm much more.

Too bad today got spoiled... it really would've had a legit shot at 100.

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

Bah 95 at ORD really sucks knowing it should be 100 :lol:

Small sample size, but 3 out of 4 years that had 95+ in May in Chicago went on to produce 100 in summer, and the year that missed had a peak temp of 99. Historically speaking, Chicago has hit 100+ in 33 years since temperature records began in the 1870s.

Just now, Hoosier said:

Small sample size, but 3 out of 4 years that had 95+ in May in Chicago went on to produce 100 in summer, and the year that missed had a peak temp of 99. Historically speaking, Chicago has hit 100+ in 33 years since temperature records began in the 1870s.

Oh I wouldn't be shocked if they hit 100 this summer. I have a feeling we are in for a hot one.

Archived