• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2018 General Discussion

It will be interesting to see what the dews do today.  We have widespread low 70s over eastern IA/western and central IL.  If we can mix those out some we could get a nice little bump up later.  Even with the higher dews we're already near 90.  

I'll go with 97 at MLI for today and tomorrow, barring any convection or cloud debris of course.  850s are actually a touch cooler tomorrow afternoon out this way.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

Yea, I’m bullish.

Warmer UA temps then today, continued good mixing, and maybe a bit of feedback from the slowly approaching Alberto.

Only negative could be an easterly wind, with a weak and unorganized surface environment.

The long range HRRRx has pockets of 100’s across N. IL for tomorrow.

So does the 3km NAM

77AAF096-ACDA-4560-BCCA-B0B50DE5E0C3.jpeg

9 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

Cruised to 95.

Would be an awful day to be at the 500, used to sit right against the fence on turn 4 and the heat just radiates off the track. Gotta be a busy day for the medics there 

My sister and brother in law are there.  Not sure where they are sitting though.

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

Up to 93 at ORD and MDW.

The high temp occurred pretty late in the afternoon yesterday. Based on current location and speed, the boundary should probably be held back long enough to have any effect on the high.

Like cyclone, this morning our dew was in the low 70s as we approached 90 (I was pouring sweat as I had several things to do outside), but then a push of drier air from the nw dropped the dew into the upper 50s and our temp has responded by surging to the upper 90s.  It's way too f'n hot for May.

3 minutes ago, Stebo said:

97 current at ORD. 

Btw for tomorrow, go big or go home. 100 tomorrow is my call.

:tomato:

Although Chicago has never officially hit 100 in May, I bet some of the sites a little farther inland have.  Have to keep in mind where the observation location was over the years.  

Rockford hit 106 in May 1934, which is just stupid.

97 at ORD is the hottest temp there since July 2012.

Would be interesting to see if early season heat of this magnitude says anything about the summer.  I have a feeling there might be some correlation, in terms of overall temp departure and/or the chance for additional higher end heat days, but don't know for sure.

Made it to 92 west side indy. Nws official high 91. First 90 of year. I think this summer will be a very hot one. 2012 was last hot summer. Since only one year 2016 had higher than avg 90 degrees. 2010 had 37, 2011 42, and 51 2012. 3 really hot years in a row. We are due this year

MLI hit a new record of 97 shortly after 1pm.  With another 2-4hrs of potential they had a legit shot at 100.  Damn clouds lol.  Tomorrow there could be some debris clouds coming down out of WI, and there could be some additional pop up storms like today.  Slightly cooler 850 temps out this way as well.  Think today was our best shot at 100.

Archived