Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2018 General Discussion

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last night's storms all missed north and west.  Tonight's storms are mostly going to miss south.  The lack of rain is allowing me to get the garden planted, but boy we sure do need a good soaking.  Models have had us in the 2+" bullseye for days, but it's not working out.

2 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

Last night's storms all missed north and west.  Tonight's storms are mostly going to miss south.  The lack of rain is allowing me to get the garden planted, but boy we sure do need a good soaking.  Models have had us in the 2+" bullseye for days, but it's not working out.

Some of the guidance shows a nice comma head moving up through Iowa later tonight.  Could get dumped on tomorrow night too if some of the guidance is to be believed.

Picked up 0.28" here so far.  Nice to hear thunder again after what's been many months.

4 minutes ago, cyclone77 said:

Impressed to see dews in the 66-68 range south of the boundary from parts of Chicago back into eastern/southeast Iowa.

Looks like the rain gave a little upward bump to the dews.  Like they were low/mid 60s, then some places went to 66-68 right after it started raining.

2 hours ago, Hoosier said:

Looks like the rain gave a little upward bump to the dews.  Like they were low/mid 60s, then some places went to 66-68 right after it started raining.

Yeah, dews jumped a good 7 degrees after the first cell moved through. Everything seemed to instantly green up too

11 hours ago, CoalCityWxMan said:

Yeah, dews jumped a good 7 degrees after the first cell moved through. Everything seemed to instantly green up too

You aren’t kidding about the green up. I parked my squad car and went inside to write a couple reports. It stormed while I was inside and I come back out to see the trees went into bud out overdrive. Crazy green up for such a short 2-3 hour timeframe 

Had our first real thunderstorm of the year last night. A bolt of lightning must have struck VERY near my house as I was abruptly awakened around 3am by the loudest crack of thunder I have ever heard. Literally lurched me out of sleep.

Fun way to start storm season! 

RECORD EVENT REPORT 
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE NORTHERN INDIANA
0427 PM EDT THU MAY 03 2018

...RECORD DAILY MAXIMUM RAINFALL SET AT FORT WAYNE...

A RECORD RAINFALL OF 1.16 INCH(ES) WAS SET AT FORT WAYNE TODAY. 
THIS BREAKS THE OLD RECORD OF 0.77 SET IN 1997. 

ADDITIONAL RAINFALL IS POSSIBLE THIS EVENING.

Archived