Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs Thread

George BM

7 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

That's amazing.  Maybe, I've had 2 weeks here that have totaled that much.  Maybe.

Alberto is going to be absolutely exhausted by the time it straggles into our area with one of its far flung dying bands by Thursday, while the center of the country, and the Great Lakes, get to enjoy cooling, life-giving rain.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Jebman said:

Alberto is going to be absolutely exhausted by the time it straggles into our area with one of its far flung dying bands by Thursday, while the center of the country, and the Great Lakes, get to enjoy cooling, life-giving rain.

Normal results will be found....suffocating humidity and a few scattered storms that will pound the usual suspects and leave everyone else with only our dripping sweat to wet the ground.  

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Sterling is worried about slow moving heavy rainers again ..for Wed/ Thurs

Changed Discussion --

As the ridge axis nudges into the western Atlantic Wednesday, the door will be opened for a plume of 2+ inch precipitable water, which will camp out across the area through at least Thursday. Heights will be dropping, which will foster an unstable environment, supportive of numerous showers/thunderstorms. Shear will be marginal through the period, and flow won`t be all that stellar either. That spells slow-moving, heavy-rain-producing storms. Am most concerned about late Wed afternoon-night, and again Thursday afternoon-night. Will be increasing Hazardous Weather Outlook wording with this cycle. If these trends continue, Flood Watches may become necessary.

-- End Changed Discussion --

WPC rainfall map is really pedantic.  Only ~2.00 over 7 days.  

16 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Normal results will be found....suffocating humidity and a few scattered storms that will pound the usual suspects and leave everyone else with only our dripping sweat to wet the ground.  

Thats about it, variable clouds, some drizzle at night. Maybe a passing splash and dash shower Wed thru Sat, and an incredible, record-breaking one five twelfths of an inch worth of rain thru next Sunday.

59 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Thats about it, variable clouds, some drizzle at night. Maybe a passing splash and dash shower Wed thru Sat, and an incredible, record-breaking one five twelfths of an inch worth of rain thru next Sunday.

Meanwhile they'll be collecting a pair of every animal that can be found in Ellicott City

3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

And Friday into Sat -- slight excessive rain threat

1 hour ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Anxiously awaiting my .01" drizzle event likely to occur sometime between now and saturday.

Meanwhile, its nearly 100% sunny here today, again, and suffocatingly hot and humid. Forecast high of 78f and already 74f with a dew of 70f.

Weather station located 2 miles east of Stephens City.  http://weatherwinchester.com/

8.83" of rain for the month.  How much rain does a person need?

I have had about 6 in for the month. In Woodbridge. It's plenty. On the low end of what everyone else has received but it's still a solid wet month. My sump pump has kicked on a few times the last couple of days even without any rain. It has never done that before. Obviously we are saturated.

27 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

I have had about 6 in for the month. In Woodbridge. It's plenty. On the low end of what everyone else has received but it's still a solid wet month. My sump pump has kicked on a few times the last couple of days even without any rain. It has never done that before. Obviously we are saturated.

Don't worry, we never flood. We will turn out nice and dry the next few days with only a few light areas of drizzle. Dale City is one of the safest disaster free areas in the entire world. Most of the forcing is well West. If you want to see rain you need to Go West young man.

37 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

Weather station located 2 miles east of Stephens City.  http://weatherwinchester.com/

8.83" of rain for the month.  How much rain does a person need?

I'd happily settle for that.  I have less than 6 inches on the month.  Great month if viewed in a vacuum, and I didn't know that some places in the region have nearly quadrupled that. 

6 hours ago, DCTeacherman said:

Ugh 70/70 for my morning run.  This is the time of year my pace slows considerably. 

I feel you. I went for my run yesterday afternoon and it was mostly cloudy but my shirt was absolutely soaked by the end. Had to wring out all the moisture. Gross. Also got really buggy too.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived