Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs Thread

George BM

9 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Bullseye!  Nice, heavy storm that dropped about 0.75 in 20 minutes, plus a few bolts.  The best part is the temp went from 90 with lots of pollen to 71 and clean, fresh air.

Damn NPZ, that is one heck of a rain shadow you have there.  This shows how you only average 30-something inches a year while high spots to your west get near 60.

Yet, places to my west that should be closer to any rain-shadow effects due to the tiny western ridges are able to pick up over 3".  I don't get this place.  8 years of this, and it still leaves me shaking my head.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Yet, places to my west that should be closer to any rain-shadow effects due to the tiny western ridges are able to pick up over 3".  I don't get this place.  8 years of this, and it still leaves me shaking my head.

Our climate is approaching that of Austin, TX. Drier, and hotter. We get missed a lot. Just like in Buda TX.

My Bar for the next 10 days is a coating of rain drops on my car top. Should turn out mostly dry as Alberto's remnants will be well west of us too. It will be warm and exceptionally humid, especially mid next week, likely dews in the mid 70s, maybe even the UPPER 70S, while most of the rain is well west of us. By next weekend we will all be crocked tender by genuine Gulf dewpoints minus the cooling rain. The cooling rains will be over the Apps and west. West Virginia will likely be dealing with record rains and record flooding, on top of what they got waterboarded with in May. Some mountain and near-mountain communities in western Virginia and in Maryland may also be extremely hard-hit by severe torrential training rains associated with the remnants of Alberto. Frederick may get even more from Alberto, than they got from the May torrential rains.

Maybe next time. This time we get to sweat it out and stay high and dry.

As of 1220am, plenty of life-giving rain in Pennsylvania and maybe north Maryland.

If you want exciting weather, MOVE TO MARYLAND.

I would have sold my soul for a drenching from Alberto's remnants, right on top of our wet soils. We would have gotten to enjoy a rare delicacy here in Dale City: Frantic Water Rescues. But something always stops this. Dale City does NOT flood. We will turn out dry for the most part. I will be left on the outside, excluded, looking in with deep longing, and I will remember it for years, and remember it with tears.

Forecast for today is cloudy, but I've got full sun and it is STEAMY.  We could be in for some heavy rains again -- I hope they stay away from my yard and give it to people that missed yesterday.

Check out the flash flood warnings ongoing in the Philly area to central NJ -- some places have had 5" in a couple hours; one place had 3" in 45 minutes.

20 minutes ago, BlizzardNole said:

Forecast for today is cloudy, but I've got full sun and it is STEAMY.  We could be in for some heavy rains again -- I hope they stay away from my yard and give it to people that missed yesterday.

Check out the flash flood warnings ongoing in the Philly area to central NJ -- some places have had 5" in a couple hours; one place had 3" in 45 minutes.

Same here.  There is literally not a single cloud in the sky.  It's even more miserable outside than yesterday.

9 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

.01.  Hammered again.

Count your blessings. Some pretty severe damage in these parts. Luckily and fortunately, there have been no deaths or injuries reported yet that I know of.

eta that the rain gauge here is over an inch but probably only 1.25" so far. Less than ten miles away, they've had  a foot more.

Pretty much what I expected, cartop covering of raindrops, about a sixteenth of an inch worth of rain. I heard Maryland got their 2nd 1000 year flood in 2 years. Congrats. Enjoy all the life-giving rainfall. South Central Virginia has had a ton of torrential rain and it continues to this very hour!

Most days in the next week will turn out warm very very very humid and mostly dry. Alberto's remnants will be centered hundreds of miles west of us - NO impact for us except extreme humidity and no rain.

Memorial Day for Washington DC and vicinity looks good for the beach, variable clouds, mostly dry, 88 degrees with 74 dews.

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

.18 today to add to .05 yesterday.  Sorry for the business and property owners in EC. Truely a nightmare.  Unfair.  

I only got one item on my bucket list.

I want to be in one of these 1000 year floods. I love a good flood.

I always miss them though.

1 hour ago, MN Transplant said:

Earliest 100 on record at MSP.  So strange to have them nearly +30 on us.

We will get roasted soon enough. We got everyone beat in summer. But first, we get to watch Alberto completely dry up on us, all washed up and played out by Wed night with only a few scattered brief areas of drizzle. And, extremely HUMID.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived