Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Getting some moderate rain with rumbles of thunder from this second round. 0.17" so far, and 1.32" total with last evening's storm.

About the same here.

0.27" so far today, and 1.26" from yesterday.  

36 minutes ago, MiddleRvrwx said:

About the same here.

0.27" so far today, and 1.26" from yesterday.  

Yeah its done here for now. A few peaks of sun. Total rainfall for last night and this morning was 1.4". Much needed. Hopefully there are enough chances over the next week that everyone's yard gets a good drink.

I really dont want excessive rain here. With multiple rounds of larvicide over the past  2 months in my seasonal "non tidal wetland" aka the protected low wet spot(and ideal Spring breeding ground for mosquitoes) back in the woods, I have been keeping the mosquitoes manageable so far.

10 hours ago, yoda said:

Dont worry... rain incoming

Yeah, it did.  Around 4 AM a nice line of storms and heavy rain rolled through.  Timing could've been better, but just what the doctor ordered.  Got almost .75" of pounding rain.  Pollen took it on the chin last night, thankfully.  Full sun here now, hopefully more storms can fire this afternoon.

19 minutes ago, Fozz said:

58 with drizzle feels very refreshing after the last few days. 10/10 day in my book.

Enjoy the refreshing cool airmass, because we are 79/70. Welcome to full summer in Dale City.

As if 70 dewpoints arent bad enough, we have a good chance of damaging winds and large hail tonight. Thats just great. I have pretty much destroyed my back for life from helping my neighbors remove fallen trees from their yards from the March high winds, and large hail will smash my car windshield and put holes in the roof. Sure I can afford to fix - money grows on trees, even downed ones.

8 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Enjoy the refreshing cool airmass, because we are 79/70. Welcome to full summer in Dale City.

As if 70 dewpoints arent bad enough, we have a good chance of damaging winds and large hail tonight. Thats just great. I have pretty much destroyed my back for life from helping my neighbors remove fallen trees from their yards from the March high winds, and large hail will smash my car windshield and put holes in the roof. Sure I can afford to fix - money grows on trees, even downed ones.

Yikes. 79/70 sounds awful. I’m thankful to be on the cool side of the front, but I wish you and EastCoastNPZ could enjoy this cooler weather too, because it feels glorious. 

20 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Yikes. 79/70 sounds awful. I’m thankful to be on the cool side of the front, but I wish you and EastCoastNPZ could enjoy this cooler weather too, because it feels glorious. 

Hopefully the warm front never gets to you. Enjoy the cool weather!

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived