Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs Thread

George BM

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NWS just slashed the chances of rain for MBY over the next few days. We had a 70 percent chance, Now it is only 40.

The Drought is ON! High Saturday will be 95, dews skyrocketing into the 60s. Some place may hit the upper 90s.

We wont get measurable rain again til January 2019, as Boston gets three feet of wind driven snow.

10 hours ago, Fozz said:

FWIW, the RGEM looks very wet this weekend from Baltimore north. Widespread 2”+. I can definitely use that rain.

Even though I wont get any - I wish you the best, I hope you get 4 inches of rain, should green things up, but cause no flooding.

It is HOT AS HELL for early May. 94 degrees with a 64 dew. Drought is advancing on pace. Should be a memorable extreme hot summer. Soils will be dry thru early next year, WE here in Washington will be Ground Zero in a monster upper ridge that will bring highs in DC near 110 degrees possibly as early as MID JUNE!

The heat ridge will not be out west. It will be centered over US, over North VA and the District. We are going to break heat records right and left this summer. All of our yards will be browner than a Thanksgiving turkey well done.

We will be TEASED by drizzle or by sparse light rain the next 5 days. It will amount to no more than one- one millionth of an inch total.

This is, however, good news for people who mow around town, soon they will have the grass under control - and then the grass will DIE and turn crackly brown.

Some model output has ppl thinking we are gonna get lots of rain. Don't believe it, not even for a femtosecond. Its a LIE. We will get a few light sprinkles. no more, we'll get teased and also humided to death.

48 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Somehow round 1 jumped right over me and creamed Baltimore.

I also got skipped over. It was pretty impressive how all the storms popped up ahead of the line but ended up just north of me, and then the line developed to the south too late to get me.

Couple QUICK spritzes of rain, extremely FAST moving splash and dash showers. They did manage to get the street wet, but they dried up in no time at all.

Tonight - most of the energy was EAST. If you look at radar, places to our east are getting utterly destroyed right now, heavy rain and deep red radar returns. We had some seriously BREEZY weather back around 945pm, was probably inflow to those badass storms to our east. Those winds were gusting and gusting almost as if I were close to a developing supercell in Oklahoma City!

Basically, at the end of the day, the bottom of my rain bucket is slightly wet, the layer of water is tenuous at best, can't be measured. 2018 is going to be THAT kind of a summer.

We'll be teased again and again in the next few days. I'm used to getting teased. I'll be TEASE CENTRAL for the next 6-7 months.

5 hours ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Torrential rain and some booming thunder. Round one has been pretty nice here. Nothing severe but some much needed rain. 1.08" so far.

HRRR says round 2 will be moving through tomorrow AM.

I have always said - That Maryland is THE PLACE TO BE for interesting weather! Congrats on the rain!

18 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

.05 Sat and .20 so far Sunday morning.  Thank God for this gift of rain today. Little or no rain since April 30. Pollen accumulation was everywhere. Rock hard ground. Sections of burned grass already. This is needed. 

I'd sell my soul to get Houston'ed. We could use 60 inches of rain.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived