Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May Discobs Thread

George BM

58 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Bulk of the rain just absolutely refuses to move east along I-81.  Other than the .40" yesterday afternoon/evening, haven't seen a drop since.  There has probably been triple that amount just 10 miles west.  Nothing is going to fall here today.  Bad news with another dry week on-tap.  More pollen misery this week.  BY FAR, this has been the worst allergy season I have had since my childhood.  Not sure what the hell is going on.

You are .40 ahead of me. Total shut out. Not a drop here at my house. 

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Stormpc said:

You are .40 ahead of me. Total shut out. Not a drop here at my house. 

Hopefully, some action swings east later today for you guys.

Actually ended up getting some of the showers to come east.  Have picked up almost another .40" in the last couple hours.  Much needed and appreciated.  Can actually go outside again without immediately going into an allergy fit.  THis past week was pure torture, even with all the medicine I could get my hands on.

Sunny in Dale City, as temps head for the low 80s. Skies should stay partly sunny all day, then a partly cloudy night with no life-giving rain. Drought is off to a roaring start. By early June lawns will be slowly browning.

NWS was completely WRONG about this so-called rainstorm this weekend.

54 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Sunny in Dale City, as temps head for the low 80s. Skies should stay partly sunny all day, then a partly cloudy night with no life-giving rain. Drought is off to a roaring start. By early June lawns will be slowly browning.

NWS was completely WRONG about this so-called rainstorm this weekend.

They were right about the precip hole, so there’s that.

pretty spectacular bust so far.  in the winter this would garner 25 pages of complaints.  maybe we can salvage at least some brief downpours to wash out some of the pollen which has been pretty impressive so far.  

otherwise, the weather has been amazing this weekend.

edit: just looked at cwg's forecast and they did a better job than nws this weekend.  they indicated it would be spotty which is exactly how it's turned out.

45 minutes ago, 87storms said:

maybe we can salvage at least some brief downpours to wash out some of the pollen which has been pretty impressive so far.  

I was in Rehobeth yesterday, and the rain there did just that.   The yellow/green runoff looked like the acid scene from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

6 hours ago, mattie g said:

Was really hoping for something to knock this pollen down, but all we got was a few drops yesterday during the day and a stray shower last night.

We are going to absolutely cough our lungs out. What that 3,300 dollar cold didnt do to me back in January, the monster pollen WILL finish.

This is without a doubt, one of the very WORST places on our planet to live.

1 hour ago, WxUSAF said:

Ooof rough game.

Frankly, it was kinda hilarious. Problem in first was all the homeruns were to CF and RF so no chance for one where I was sitting (one onto Eutaw even). Bundy's first seven batters before getting removed went Single, HR, HR, HR, BB, BB, HR. First time in baseball history a SP has seen seven batters, retired none of them, and given up four homeruns.  So I saw history...

And, it was indeed a perfect weather night, so had a good time actually.

ETA: And another stunner of a beautiful morning today. Really happy we are getting these days now before summer heat gets here.

Just enough rain to barely wet the ground. Drought is still on. This morning we got teased.

The next few days we will be teased by rain. It will be increasingly humid and Saturday will be outright HOT. But we will be teased and teased and teased by rain. Sometimes there will be just enough to wet the ground. All in all the next few days will be a TEASE.

15 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Gfs says I’m getting 6” of rain in the next two weeks. I’ll take the under.

Well if the front hangs around like the GFS says through Mon/Tues of next week... some of us could pickup 2 to 3 inches of rain... then I guess the rest would come from the supposed tropical disturbance moving on by later in the week

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived