• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discobs Thread

George BM

From what I’ve seen, normal, non-weather people are not liking this heat at all. Just about all of those I’ve talked to have told me this is coming way too soon, and they weren’t ready to jump into summer.

Also, at least for me, the worst thing about this heat wave isn’t the 90 degree high. I can deal with that, even though it isn’t preferable. But what really gets to me is the very warm night temps. It’s past midnight here in the burbs, outside the heat island, and the temp is 79. When opening the window doesn’t do much good, that makes relief from the heat a lot more difficult, especially without AC.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am really looking forward to the great weather next week, but am hoping for a nice shot of rain this weekend.  This part of the LWX disco doesn't sound so great:

Interesting that the upper flow looks a little split, with a second surface wave of low pressure developing offshore of the Carolinas. This may result
in two focused areas of rain or showers, one to the southeast over southeastern Virginia to the Atlantic shore of Maryland, and another over the highlands associated with the
aforementioned surface low and northern stream upper trough. Would prefer to not forecast a hole in the precipitation a couple days in advance, but there may be a minima in rainfall
over central Virginia into the metros if this scenario pans out.

4 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

A real  nice break from the torch Sunday on the Gfs...nice!

And all next week actually  looks seasonable. 

gfs_T2m_neus_11.png

After yesterday, I’d be thrilled with a high of 60. The next July heat wave can wait till July.

1 hour ago, GramaxRefugee said:

Just noticing earlier that our azaleas are having their best bloom in years. Cherries going strong too. Heavy pollen year.

This is the latest my azaleas have bloomed in the 14 years that I've lived here, and they are all a few days to week from blooming. As far as pollen is concerned, it's pretty amazing how fast everything is "catching up" to the norm. End result, of course, is everyting blooming at once. But a cooler weekend and any rain should help quite a bit.

I'm also happy to see the gfs backing down a little from the potential big heat in the long range.

First float of the season this afternoon for some river smallmouth...Hoping the rain will hold off until late this eve.  HRRR looks terrible but everything else holds anything steady off until 6-8pm.  Then, pray for rain tomorrow so the kid's track meet gets canceled! lol  I love my kids but I hate all day track meets....brutal.

We got the cool air but most of the rain should stay well north of me.

I live too far south for rain.

We will see about 47 small drops of rain thru the end of May, as the Drought of 2018 gets started up. Communities well north of Washington DC will get an inch or more of the cooling, life-giving rainfall.

I'll get my share in January 2019. Thats how it works.

I always knew the rain would miss me. We will get about one-one thousand twenty fourth, of an inch of rain from this.

Bulk of the rain just absolutely refuses to move east along I-81.  Other than the .40" yesterday afternoon/evening, haven't seen a drop since.  There has probably been triple that amount just 10 miles west.  Nothing is going to fall here today.  Bad news with another dry week on-tap.  More pollen misery this week.  BY FAR, this has been the worst allergy season I have had since my childhood.  Not sure what the hell is going on.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived