Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Banter

George BM

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, yoda said:

Kind of surprised that the Caps are just crushing Tampa at every facet of the game tonight... 2-0 series lead coming back home for the Caps is probably something Caps fans dreamed of

I definitely didn’t see a 2-0 lead when the series started...even more so that these games aren’t even close. Caps have dominated the 5 on 5 play and I love seeing this team stay resilient and stick with their play after those two atrocious calls by the refs back to back. 

And we haven’t had Backy this series!

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

I definitely didn’t see a 2-0 lead when the series started...even more so that these games aren’t even close. Caps have dominated the 5 on 5 play and I love seeing this team stay resilient and stick with their play after those two atrocious calls by the refs back to back. 

And we haven’t had Backy this series!

Winning the series against the Pens really seemed to get the weight of the world off their shoulders. 

My daughter is getting married on Saturday - not the largest of weddings but we are hosting the reception after at our house. Let's just say the rain this week was certain once she settled on the date and location...

We've procured a large enough tent to make use of the patio even if the deluges happen - my house isn't big enough to accommodate 40-50 people comfortably otherwise.

And, you can probably book a derecho and tree damage for mid-week too. Too much tempting of fate, I think...

58 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

My daughter is getting married on Saturday - not the largest of weddings but we are hosting the reception after at our house. Let's just say the rain this week was certain once she settled on the date and location...

We've procured a large enough tent to make use of the patio even if the deluges happen - my house isn't big enough to accommodate 40-50 people comfortably otherwise.

And, you can probably book a derecho and tree damage for mid-week too. Too much tempting of fate, I think...

early congrats to her, and you!

3 hours ago, UIWWildthing said:

Winning the series against the Pens really seemed to get the weight of the world off their shoulders. 

Yeah but it seems like the turnaround after going down 0-2 against CBJ really turned this team around during the playoffs.  Just gotta keep the foot on the pedal in Game 3.

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Congrats!  I hope the rain holds off on Saturday for you.  

1 minute ago, nj2va said:

Yeah but it seems like the turnaround after going down 0-2 against CBJ really turned this team around during the playoffs.  Just gotta keep the foot on the pedal in Game 3.

Remember that CBJ needed OT in both to get wins so its not like they outplayed the Caps.  I just want all the chatter of being up 2-0 in conf finals has a 39-2 record of winning the series.

The Caps were 9-1 against the Pens and they finally won.  The Detroit Lions were winless for over a season and their first win was against the Skins.  The RB has never fumbled, fumbles next play.

i never believe anything until its done.  Caps need 2 more wins.  That is all that matters.  Hell, the next game matters more than anything.

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Congrats!  I hope the rain holds off on Saturday for you.  

Either holds off or gets here and out by Saturday AM. Frankly, the days and days of rain are borderline worst case in terms of prep. At least it isn't insane heat like that one run a few weeks ago. The second floor of my house has AC but not the main floor. I couldn't think about having that many guests inside an oven of a house. That shouldn't be an issue in any event. Hopefully the tent helps with keeping the patio accessible. It's a 10X20 so good sized, with detachable walls. Just need to worry a big about slick surface area if it rains as much as it appears to want to...

1 hour ago, North Balti Zen said:

thanks Katie. I've mostly been chill about the impending rain, largely due to your stories of your wedding day during the December '09 snowstorm...

Yeah, you just have to make the most of it, regardless of what the weather is. Though, I understand the stress :lol: 

5 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Congrats!

CPC is ALL above average and average in the 6-10, 8-14, 3-4 week, 1 month, 3 month again. This is actually a cooler Hemisphere pattern since March 1 that's really not changing at all (850mb and 500mb Geopotential height on the last reanalysis day, 5-13, is more below average than above average in the Hemisphere). Not sure it's a good call. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived