• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
May Banter

George BM

It's well deserved. Not a fan of either team but Wilson is a goon and has been playing recklessly since the playoffs started. Even more recklessly than usual. A well-deserved suspension. The head was the point of contact in my opinion. Without a doubt one of the dirtiest players in the league. Sayonara

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

If this were February the Pa snow weenies would be losing there minds over the 12z Euro for the weekend  ..sharpie cutoff north of the M/D line LOL . 1-2" qpf area wide south of there. Not to mention @psuhoffman would be sweatin.:ph34r:

What?  I didn't know it was supposed to rain this much over the weekend.

2 hours ago, Cobalt said:

Euro keeps trending wetter. Is an all out soaker from DC on North

ecmwf_tprecip_washdc_19.thumb.png.89035d1257a83531fc4d763c0429f96e.png

First of all - this is a Nina. It will be DRY. I will NOT get this lucky, with nearly an inch of fresh life giving rainfall in the presence of relatively cool weather, 73 for a high and 60 for a low.

I live SOUTH. In the TROPICS. In a NINA.

Saturday for me will turn out humid, 70 dews, 88 temps, with a 1 percent chance of a shower, but more likely just dry and humid and hot. That front will stay north of me, and the communities north of the front will be treated to pleasant 63 temps, 48 dews along with a cooling easterly breeze and plenty of cooling fresh rain. Some places north of the front may top out with 2 inches of the rain by early Sunday morning.

But I will be completely DRY, HOT, and very very HUMID. This, is what I deserve for living so far south. At least Subtropics will be very very happy.

8 hours ago, yoda said:

Lol if Crosby had done that you would have been screaming that the league favors the Penguins

A player swinging his stick AFTER a goal was scored to try and trip the goal scorer.  I'm sorry you can't understand how that play is petty and poor sportsmanship.  How you ignore one type of act in favor of another just shows that you lack thinking skills.  Evidenced by most of your posts.

To recap: There was no penalty called on Wilson.  the league looked at it and said otherwise.  i disagree.  the hit on Dumolin looked more worthy of a 1 game suspension.  Thats being objective.  Something you can't be.

Now you want to b**ch about all the calls/non calls during the course of a game.  There are literally hundreds of those all the time that go for or against a team.

You call Wilson a goon but at the same time give Letang(who has his own history of dirty shiit) a pass when he does a jerk thing of trying to trip Ovie AFTER the goal was scored and the play was done.  Gimme a break, yoda.

8 hours ago, yoda said:

Lol if Crosby had done that you would have been screaming that the league favors the Penguins

Whining about non-called penalties is the Penguins specialty. You can pick any one of a handful of plays in every nhl game where the refs either call a cheap penalty or miss one.  But it seems the pens are perfect at always playing the victim after games talking about missed calls. 

not that i know anything about sports or whatever but from that video i would say

A) they guy didn't hit the other guy in the face intentionally

but

B ) he was totally reckless, just threw his body in the way

So the question really is - are you meant to be in control of yourself or not?

14 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

@Subtropics don't look now but some of the guidance is showing a weak surface low pop off the coast of Florida in the next few days. Maybe we can get some weak tropical/subtropical homebrew close to the US coast once the shear drops down there. We usually don't get tropical development this early but somehow we got development in the Atlantic the last three years before the middle of the month.

Would time up will with the dream I had on Monday night of a strong tropical storm off OBX !

17 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Would time up will with the dream I had on Monday night of a strong tropical storm off OBX !

Heh, seems like snow weenies and tropical weenies are no different. I'm sure many snow weenies have dreamt of winter storms before they happened (I remember dreaming about the aftermath of a blizzard in Dec 2015)

58 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

Heh, seems like snow weenies and tropical weenies are no different. I'm sure many snow weenies have dreamt of winter storms before they happened (I remember dreaming about the aftermath of a blizzard in Dec 2015)

I remember thinking in the summer of 2002 that such a hot summer would lead to a cold winter with lots of snow. I looked at the temp data in summer 1995 and it looked really hot, so I had that going for me while I was sick of the summer heat. Then, it actually started getting cold in October. And then the rest is history.

Caps fans full of hypocrisy in this scenario:

Wilson illegal check to the head and injures a Penguins player -- CLEAN HIT!  LEAGUE BOWING TO WHINING PENGUINS!!

If it had been the other way around and Maata made the exact same kind of hit and injuries a Capitals player -- WHERES THE SUSPENSION!111!!!  ILLEGAL HIT!!!11!  LEAGUE PROTECTING THE PENGUINS!!

Look at the guy who can't even address things.  Always deflecting.  The only people claiming it was an illegal hit are Pens fans.  Most experts called it a hard hit that connected with the shoulder and head.

But Crosby uses his stick to cut off a dude's finger.  Crickets.

Crosby uses his stick to hit a dude in the nuts.  Crickets.

Thats hypocrisy.

29 minutes ago, H2O said:

Look at the guy who can't even address things.  Always deflecting.  The only people claiming it was an illegal hit are Pens fans.  Most experts called it a hard hit that connected with the shoulder and head.

But Crosby uses his stick to cut off a dude's finger.  Crickets.

Crosby uses his stick to hit a dude in the nuts.  Crickets.

Thats hypocrisy.

Niskanen cross check to the face of Crosby.  Crickets

Steckel shoulder to the face of Crosby.  Crickets

Well. To cut into the Cap/Pens talk, I've been wanting to say this now for a while, but thought today is a good time. Tomorrow will be my last full-time shift at my current place of employment. I will be embarking on my dream job of being in the National Weather Service out in Midland, Texas starting this summer. I will also be getting married in June before I head out, so life has really taken a magical turn for me, and I couldn't be more excited. 

I will always remember the sub-forum and have learned a lot over the years and talked to some great people. I'll certainly check in on occasion, especially if a Winter Storm is on the way. I'll miss everyone in here. Stay true weather Weenies. We are all in one big, convoluted and slightly disturbed weather family. Wouldn't have it any other way!

12 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Well. To cut into the Cap/Pens talk, I've been wanting to say this now for a while, but thought today is a good time. Tomorrow will be my last full-time shift at my current place of employment. I will be embarking on my dream job of being in the National Weather Service out in Midland, Texas starting this summer. I will also be getting married in June before I head out, so life has really taken a magical turn for me, and I couldn't be more excited. 

I will always remember the sub-forum and have learned a lot over the years and talked to some great people. I'll certainly check in on occasion, especially if a Winter Storm is on the way. I'll miss everyone in here. Stay true weather Weenies. We are all in one big, convoluted and slightly disturbed weather family. Wouldn't have it any other way!

Congrats on the move, the new job, and the marriage.  It was great having you here and reading your posts.  Hopefully the dryline won't cause you problems down there for heat and storms.

29 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Congrats and good luck to you. You've been a great contributor here in these past few years and the NWS in Midland will be very lucky to have you around. 

36 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Enjoy the warmth! You're quite lucky to be leaving the north.

Congratulations!!! Good luck with your endeavors and happy wedding!

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Congrats! Good luck wherever your dream job takes you :)

1 hour ago, MillvilleWx said:

Best of luck and congratulations!

ps - the Penguins suck. ;)

9 hours ago, yoda said:

Caps fans full of hypocrisy in this scenario:

Wilson illegal check to the head and injures a Penguins player -- CLEAN HIT!  LEAGUE BOWING TO WHINING PENGUINS!!

If it had been the other way around and Maata made the exact same kind of hit and injuries a Capitals player -- WHERES THE SUSPENSION!111!!!  ILLEGAL HIT!!!11!  LEAGUE PROTECTING THE PENGUINS!!

Well, as a lover of hockey in general and a Blackhawks fan for 30 years......

Wilson WAS targeting the shoulder, the Pitt player LOWERED HIS HEAD just before contact. I've watched it a 100 times on replay, just like the rest of the hockey world. Seeing it any other way is being biased. Now, was Wilson a bit out of control? Well he ended up in the bench, so I'd say yes. IMO, MAYBE a one game suspension.

BTW, Pitt just scored, 1-0 them with 10 minutes left in 2nd.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived