Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
May Banter

George BM

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look out later today. Temps are forecast to hit upper 70s but I would not be surprised to see it top 86. Plan for mid 80s. I dont even want to think about Wednesday.

When you give that temperature an inch this time of year it takes a trillion kilometers, every time. Its going to SURGE. House will be HOT, too, thanks to plenty of hot sunshine.

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
6 minutes ago, UIWWildthing said:

I've got a couple small fans that work wonders on days like these to cool the house down. 

The beauty of spring and fall is that it gets cool right after the sun goes down.  All you have to do is open the house up and it naturally gets comfortable.  No electric needed!

5 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Have heard neighbors air condensers on today. I am holding out as long as I can this week before I turn mine on. But with a 3 story TH the 3 level with all the bedrooms will be baking and force me to turn it on if there is not a decent breeze.  

I know what you mean. My 2nd story heats up pretty quick but I usually make it through May and most of June with just fans. I got a new roof over the winter that is now vented and I hope that helps a little too. If not, I've got an AC zone for just upstairs if it's too hot for sleeping.

6 hours ago, Mrs.J said:

Have heard neighbors air condensers on today. I am holding out as long as I can this week before I turn mine on. But with a 3 story TH the 3 level with all the bedrooms will be baking and force me to turn it on if there is not a decent breeze.  

I think I’m going to turn mine on tomorrow night or Thursday.  I’d love a sustained period of nights in the low 50s but beggars can’t be choosers.

On 5/1/2018 at 3:29 AM, Jebman said:

Look out later today. Temps are forecast to hit upper 70s but I would not be surprised to see it top 86. Plan for mid 80s. I dont even want to think about Wednesday.

When you give that temperature an inch this time of year it takes a trillion kilometers, every time. Its going to SURGE. House will be HOT, too, thanks to plenty of hot sunshine.

Wow you were spot on yesterday. Well done Jeb.

1 hour ago, Fozz said:

Wow you were spot on yesterday. Well done Jeb.

Thanks. We hit 85 yesterday. Today we are at 92 degrees. The saving grace however is a dewpoint of 35 which works out to about ~20 percent relative humidity. Subtropics must be feeling like a multibillionaire today.

The block is all used up and long gone and summer has arrived in Washington. Break out the beer and the barbeque. Only ~170 more days til Fall.

Shoulder was point of contact and head followed. 3 games because the Penguins complained.  Remember there was NO penalty called on the play. But Pitt gonna Pitt. Letang swings his stick after the Ovie gwg and it’s crickets

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived