• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

As though symbolic ... the atmosphere uses May 1 as the date to sans the last of these seemingly criminal inserts of anachronistic cold and gloomy doom.  

Jolting it, we'll see...  but, 40s today by 80s on Wednesday, with elevated nocturnals through the end of the week and days over with similar warm through Friday, it's an abrupt change to put it 'mildly'.  

I don't believe records are in jeopardy but... just the same I looked up Concord NH, Hartford CT, Worcester MA ...Providence RI and Boston ... Of those five, I suspect HFD and ORH have the best chance. However, this air mass modeled to inundate may simply not support - seeing as we'll be putting up +15 to +20 F diurnal departures, I thought it worth it to mention them just the same: 

Concord     May 2: 91° (2001) May 3: 91° (2001)

Hartford     May 2: 93° (2001) May 3: 93° (2001)

Worcester   May 2: 87° (2001) May 3: 87° (2001)

Providence  May 2: 92° (2001) May 3: 91° (2001)

Boston       May 2:  91° (2001) May 3: 92° (2001)

Wrt to this first potential warm spell... the 12z Euro does flirt with a weak BD down to perhaps PWM and this 'ICON' model has it down to PSM... The 2-meter temperature loop of the ICON really shows that sucker well... It halts somewhere in there before washing out late Thursday, and then we all transition away from dome heat to a warm sector, followed by cool front late Friday (most likely...though that's five days away of course... )

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

As though symbolic ... the atmosphere uses May 1 as the date to sans the last of these seemingly criminal inserts of anachronistic cold and gloomy doom.  

Jolting it, we'll see...  but, 40s today by 80s on Wednesday, with elevated nocturnals through the end of the week and days over with similar warm through Friday, it's an abrupt change to put it 'mildly'.  

I don't believe records are in jeopardy but... just the same I looked up Concord NH, Hartford CT, Worcester MA ...Providence RI and Boston ... Of those five, I suspect HFD and ORH have the best chance. However, this air mass modeled to inundate may simply not support - seeing as we'll be putting up +15 to +20 F diurnal departures, I thought it worth it to mention them just the same:  (EDIT, actually I had issues finding the others but if anyone wants to fill these in... by all means -)

Concord     May 2: 91° (2001) May 3: 91° (2001)

Hartford     May 2: 93° (2001) May 3: 93° (2001)

Worcester   May 2: 87° (2001) May 3: 87° (2001)

Providence  May 2: 92° (2001) May 3: 91° (2001)

Boston       May 2:  91° (2001) May 3: 92° (2001)

Done

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

that 2001 heat wave the first week of  May was the only heat wave until the Epic August one. July was freezing relatively speaking, 5 days with sub 50 degree lows made lake camping a chilly experience

That was the July that featured 2 freezing mornings at HIE. Alex’s tomatoes crying for their mama.

15 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

that 2001 heat wave the first week of  May was the only heat wave until the Epic August one. July was freezing relatively speaking, 5 days with sub 50 degree lows made lake camping a chilly experience

I was still installing in those days and my wife made me uninstall in deference to our toddler....lol.

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

60’s?? Lol

Warms right back up next week. 

Goinh into a warm to seasonably warm pattern now. Mayorch looks AN. Good luck uninstalled 

Voodoo do do, lets not let facts get in the way of a good yarn, average dailys normal is 55 to 56

index.png

index (1).png

index (2).png

index (3).png

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah I don't see a big torch next week with a trough in the OV area. 

With those daily numbers I posted my house will probably be 65 to 70 degree range day and night. Will need to close windows at night to keep the chill out though, others will be stuffy inside their houses rebreathing the same air during the day while their AC units lay idle and no air exchange happens. Strange folk.

You don't really need to install in New England until around Memorial Day or sometimes even later. Too many wheel-o-rhea events happen in May...46F wind whistling through the AC unit....no thanks....and most of the nice days I want the windows open.

Archived