Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May we finally see the darling buds ... patterns and models

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 691
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That boundary's been N and S that last few days of cycles, in the runs... 

That said, closing inside of D4 they should be honing in on it...  Bust potential (as usual) is rather large at this time of year for that sort of thing. S of the front, where it clears... DPs of 65 and 83 F temperatures would be common, while it's 56/54 light rain within 50 miles on the polarward side..     Anyone lucky enough to find themselves collocated on it could have training convection ..or similar...  

The Euro tries really hard to bring the front to about the same latitude as the Pike ...maybe Rt 2 for Saturday afternoon and evening, but the mid level support for that looks dubious to me. Also, considering having +PP draped over SE Ontario ... and plausibly rain cooled/convective exhaust air around the region, I almost think that boundary may end up more like stuck around NYC as a doable correction.  We'll see.. 

Whatever happens Saturday ...the original ideas of positive departures from two days ago for Sunday and Monday ... quite literally began immediately correcting toward no positive departures on the very next model cycle post my mentioning that heat signal ... in such a manner as to actually give the impression said correction was ensuing ...as in, 'because' I mentioned it :axe:

anyway, no heat Sunday and Monday. 

I gotta say, this N/A pattern we've been dealing with since (really) the freak heat event of mid February ...it's just absolutely fighting seasonal change.  I really still see vestiges of the winter in those mid and extended range circulation depictions...just lifted in total latitude as the only real defining difference.  06z GFS brings snow to mid Ontario on a raging careen of EPO driven continental cold fist ... my goodness!  stop already...  In a symbolic way, that major hurricane it has slamming into Florida - it really looks like Fall.  It's like the model figuratively just hates summer ...like it was cobbled together by many of the users that camp out in this internet social media.   haha.  nice.  This runs seems to get us back to autumn if can't hold onto last winter. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like a wet Saturday. If anything WAA stuff like that slides south with time. 

agreed... Also I was wrong earlier; I thought the Euro had the boundary N but it's actually hung up around NYC ...etc..  Which makes more sense for the not allowing summer to come in -

This relative warmth today is real dicey ...  

I could see a serpentine base reflectivity rad signature wobbling west all the way to the eastern ORH hills over the course of the afternoon, on the east side of which, we cut ... 25 to 10 F off from East to West.  

narrow shallow cu- field over ORH hills is moving W already on hi res loop, and ocean has already deeply hobbled shore communities looking at meso ob sources.   

That said, there is a weak area of DVM at the more regional scale ... that might offer an offset to the local Hadley cell -  

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been steadily moving north. You guys should end up soaked up there 

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

AWT south push. Let’s push it south of us 

silly charts? ,you are just plain off the charts silly

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Even further south on 12z for Saturday, might be completely dry for the weekend now up north.

IMG_9657.thumb.PNG.327d2e6aea4b4528d7175c418b88c29a.PNG

Yes please keep bringing that south! Trying not to get all my music equipment soaked Saturday in Somerville at Porchfest if they don't end up postponing it anyways. Such crap luck with every day surrounding Saturday being so nice out. 

6 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

She’s coming up there. North trend never denied 

Yup.  GFS yesterday had Augusta getting a bit over 1".  This morning it was 0.1" and this afternoon, 0.01".  Who knew that the bit of spot-seeding of my lawn last Saturday would be so efficient in pushing the rain away?  (Worked Sunday, looks to work tomorrow, probably Saturday, too.)

25 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol he reaches new levels in the warm season.  It's going north/south/east/west but not over Tolland Massif.

I was talking his love affair with long range Euro charts . Nothing else has 40’s and rain day 9-10.. and he’s posting about heaters on and not installed based on a chart . Maybe it’s right, but man does May look warm overall 

I dunno... I don't foresee temperature and dew point combinations being a problem this summer.   In fact, ... I can more easily envision this being a temperate summer that is below normal relative to the planet, .. while managing to squeeze monthly means mere decimals above the 30-year purely in keeping with the background global warming stuff...  

We just can stop the hemispheric atmosphere from blocking nodes along and N of the 55th parallell.. .Until that happens, now long wave length subtropical ridges while plenty of wedge highs to gets us "torchy" NE flows...  good luck. 

It may break down later on...but if your into this for heat and dews... find another hobby until further notice. 

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was talking his love affair with long range Euro charts . Nothing else has 40’s and rain day 9-10.. and he’s posting about heaters on and not installed based on a chart . Maybe it’s right, but man does May look warm overall 

Hey man that's the GFS and the Euro, what other charts do you look at? The voodoo charts you seem to magically talk about but never post? Fyi EPS is also on board for some chill but as all of us except you thought it's a Chamber Month cockafookingdoodledew

20 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been steadily moving north. You guys should end up soaked up there 

14 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

AWT south push. Let’s push it south of us 

2 complete opposite posts, a mere 6 hours apart. and you wonder why people don't take you seriously.

12 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Hopefully we can avoid 40s/50s and rain, but at the same time it's good for the vegetation to get some rainy days this time of year.  

Mostly this weather is just pure Chamber these days. 30s/40s by night and 60s/70s by day, doesn't get any better than that.

20 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Hopefully we can avoid 40s/50s and rain, but at the same time it's good for the vegetation to get some rainy days this time of year.  

Mostly this weather is just pure Chamber these days. 30s/40s by night and 60s/70s by day, doesn't get any better than that.

GFS Euro Nam CMC all have 40s/50s for a high Sat with a low in the 40s down here and spots of freezing in CNE NNE, sounds like I better get the AC running. Dude is so so lost. This is May 2001 all over

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

GFS Euro Nam all have 40s/50s for a high Sat with a low in the 40s, sounds like I better get the AC running. Dude is so so lost. This is May 2001 all over

Tomorrow does look nasty down there.  Euro has it warmer here than at BDL due to staying dry.  BDL at 49F at 18z tomorrow with half inch of rain, low-mid 40s in the SNE hills.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Had 72/28 Tuesday, 75/31 yesterday, and this morning's low was somewhere between those two though the clouds (in Augusta this morning, probably moving into the foothills later) might prevent another 70s max.  Saw nothing else in ME/NH lower than BML's 35 this AM, but frost on both the light and dark vehicles, that survived at least 90 minutes past sunrise, show the temp reading wasn't bogus.   #fakecold

scheduled to move a couch, chair and ottoman using a flat bed pickup truck on Saturday...

how's that gonna work with 60 mph road pal and bullet rain -  mother f'er!

my only hope is that sometimes ... crappy 'modeled' days end up less crappy than modeled at this time of year.  the actual crappy days seem to verify less - hopefully this Saturday will be one of those times.

Archived