joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Severe weather risk 4/30 - 5/3

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, DanLarsen34 said:

If these storms in Oklahoma can maintain their spacing, I’d be concerned about some significant tornadoes near the OKC metro when the LLJ intensifies.

Forbes and cantore were just discussing this on the weather channel, they are with you. That cell southwest of el reno, which i think chicago storm is on, is one that they said could cause "problems" as the LLJ intensifies. The problem with chasing that one is that it might not get its act together until it gets close to the metro area. 

Storm just north of Fort Cobb might need a warning soon. The next hour should be a pretty goof indication of how this event will play out. Moving into an area with better parameters and the LLJ is kicking in. 

30 minutes ago, NWLinnCountyIA said:

Things seeming to grow upscale into an MCS now. As such, probably safe to call the event for any particularly strong or photogenic tornadoes. 

and just as you declare the event is mostly over, there's a tornado warning that includes Moore and Bridge Creek. Oh, those poor people. I hope there's no tornado there.

17 minutes ago, jojo762 said:

Fairly uneventful day. Tomorrow could be better in KS/MO.

Turned out concerns about early storm initiation came true today. Storms clustered very quickly in Kansas, and the Oklahoma storms were unable to remain isolated until the LLJ kicked in. 

Will be interesting to see how tomorrow unfolds.

Archived