Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May 2018 Discussions & Observations Thread

Rtd208

• Replies 734
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, bluewave said:

This May has to be close to the record for backdoor cold fronts. Every warm up so far has been met be one. Warm up again for Tuesday followed by another backdoor and more easterly winds Wednesday.

Eastern Canada remains cold and snowcovered (up north).   I'm sure that plays a big role.  Amazing turnaround today with temps dropping into the 50's later on...

12 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

Eastern Canada remains cold and snowcovered (up north).   I'm sure that plays a big role.  Amazing turnaround today with temps dropping into the 50's later on...

That’s super later for snow cover even up there. They are heading into 24/7 daylight. 

Getting moderate rain now at jones beach. Airshow cancled 

Road closures all over Lincroft/Freehold/Red Bank/Tinton Falls and numerous outages. I have well over 3" and counting. Some spots have well over 4" in Lincroft - where they experienced the first round last night. Excellent lightning/thunder show the past 24 hrs. Incredible spring rainfall wise around here. Up to 17"+ of rain for meteorological spring March 1st-May 27th period so far. Would think this is one our wettest on record.

pouring all morning here...I even heard a little thunder early this morning...it's raining by my uncles house in Florida and my sons house in NE PA...The month of May is averaging 66.6 in NYC so far and is in the top six warmest if it stands...it is the wettest May that had an average temp 66.0 or higher...3.40" has fallen so far including this morning...the other eight Mays with an average temp 66.0 or higher averaged well less than two inches of rainfall...there should be some more rain before the month ends adding to the totals...

59 minutes ago, uncle W said:

pouring all morning here...I even heard a little thunder early this morning...it's raining by my uncles house in Florida and my sons house in NE PA...The month of May is averaging 66.6 in NYC so far and is in the top six warmest if it stands...it is the wettest May that had an average temp 66.0 or higher...3.40" has fallen so far including this morning...the other eight Mays with an average temp 66.0 or higher averaged well less than two inches of rainfall...there should be some more rain before the month ends adding to the totals...

It's the work of the devil I tell ya ;)   Actually if you think about it it's pretty amazing that as grey and wet as it has been that the avg temp could be that high. You guys down south are making up the difference in what I've had up here all in one day today, I've had nothing more than a few drops that were barely enough to wet the ground. 

10 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

They are getting hammered with heavy rain/flooding and storms to our south in Delaware and Maryland.

They been getting hammered all month it seems. Ellicott City specifically is flood prone but to get flooding this devastating again in a couple yrs time frame seems really wild. 

I havent been paying that close attention but is being just on the warm/unstable side of all these back door cold fronts focusing so much heavy rain in the mid atlantic

Archived