Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
9th annual Lawn Thread 2018

Damage In Tolland

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Powerworks 60V Backpack Blower,... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BP1Q8X4?ref=yo_pop_ma_swf

Thanks.  Battery is so much easier so I'm glad to see that technology get better and better.  I have a friend that has a battery mower and mows about a half acre, uses two batteries on that.

38 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Thanks.  Battery is so much easier so I'm glad to see that technology get better and better.  I have a friend that has a battery mower and mows about a half acre, uses two batteries on that.

I want the Ryobi ride on mower but the wife is mad at me that I ran over a big rock yesterday which destroyed the gas mower. So when I asked her we need to spend $2600 on the Ryobi next spring, she asked if she could flush $2600 down the toilet right now. It wasn’t my fault I was cutting the lawn in the dark. It had to get done.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I want the Ryobi ride on mower but the wife is mad at me that I ran over a big rock yesterday which destroyed the gas mower. So when I asked her we need to spend $2600 on the Ryobi next spring, she asked if she could flush $2600 down the toilet right now. It wasn’t my fault I was cutting the lawn in the dark. It had to get done.

Check Craigslist for used mowers. This is an excellent time of the year to pick up a mower on the cheap side. Three years ago I purchased a mower for $30 and it still runs great. All of my yard tools are from yard sales. Estate sales are a great way to find almost any type of yard tool.

• 2 months later...

Enough of the ever elusive snows.....

I think my next abode requires me to become a lawn warrior.  Step one is getting a new mower.  Looking for recommendations.....lot is only .5 acre, but I still want one that cuts a wide swath.  I welcome recommendations.  Also, can you stripe with a non-riding mower?  If so, include that in recommendations.

Thanks!

Enough of the ever elusive snows.....

I think my next abode requires me to become a lawn warrior.  Step one is getting a new mower.  Looking for recommendations.....lot is only .5 acre, but I still want one that cuts a wide swath.  I welcome recommendations.  Also, can you stripe with a non-riding mower?  If so, include that in recommendations.

Thanks!
What mower do you have now?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2019 at 10:52 PM, Whineminster said:

You getting a walk behind self propelled? Front wheel drive? Better start thinking about these things now, lawn is going to be in full green in about 2 weeks the way the winter is going.

LOL.  Yeah--I think a big walk behind sp.  Any thoughts on what's good?