Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
9th annual Lawn Thread 2018

Damage In Tolland

17 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Does anyone have these little ground raspberries growing in their lawn? They grow like a thin vine along the ground and have tiny tiny raspberries attached to them occasionally, but they're a PITA and smother any other grass i have growing. I'll have to post a picture when I get home. 

wild strawberry?

if they flower yellow they could be mock strawberry. i have a lot of both in parts of my yard. i loathe the mock weeds.

Thinking about going with outside help for the first year. I spent $100 on JG Magical and I expect to spend about that in a few weeks for the JG weed control. then fertlizer. more stuff this summer and the fall/winter. I see spending around $500, at least, DIY and would prob spend about that with outside help....and it would also free up time to work on other landscape projects. I hate paying for something I can do but it nets out here. Plus the lawn is in worse shape than I thought so maybe pros can liven it up quicker until I take control year 2? 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

wild strawberry?

if they flower yellow they could be mock strawberry. i have a lot of both in parts of my yard. i loathe the mock weeds.

On my 1 hour drive home I already think about the damage I will do to the weeds when I arrive...then....still in work clothes, I head straight for the weed spray in the garage and tackle them b*tches.  

4 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Thinking about going with outside help for the first year. I spent $100 on JG Magical and I expect to spend about that in a few weeks for the JG weed control. then fertlizer. more stuff this summer and the fall/winter. I see spending around $500, at least, DIY and would prob spend about that with outside help....and it would also free up time to work on other landscape projects. I hate paying for something I can do but it nets out here. Plus the lawn is in worse shape than I thought so maybe pros can liven it up quicker until I take control year 2? 

Why aren’t you using Lesco? I don’t get it 

2 hours ago, Whineminster said:

Aren't we already technically paying them to put out fires through our taxes? It's like double charging. 

That reasoning could be applied to any fine for burning w/o a permit.   Rangers have to work plenty of fires that started without someone having broken the law.  My suggestion would be more of a restitution than a double tax.  It's already being done in some SAR incidents caused by the stupidity of those involved.  One that comes to mind is when some college-agers chose to ski past the out-of-bounds signs/ropes at Sugarloaf, and found themselves in dense unskiable woods on the Mt backside, floundering in 7' of snow.  Their cell phone provided the alert, but they got dinged for a portion of the rescue costs.