Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Snow Blitz - Napril 6

NorEastermass128

2 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If you listened to people who get the pattern you would have expected a couple inches 

Thats what i meant. Many seemed to under play it.  I suppose since 6+ wasn't coming, or because other events tomorrow and next week looked less productive overnight.  1-2 always seemed to be a legit call.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dumping...probably around 1" per hour stuff now. Upstream radar looks good with a nice WSW conveyor of precipitation. HRRR keeps us snowing until 3-4 AM. Measured 1.75" at 4 PM during a lull, but we're likely at least 3" now. Will measure in a bit.

We never broke freezing and winds have now swung around to the west, indicating the cold front has passed so I think we should be done with warming. DDH and AQW both got to 42° F and 44° F respectively while I was fogged in with temps in the upper 20s. I've since risen to 31° F thanks to post frontal mixing. DDH and AQW are now dropping with -RA so they may flip back to some wet snow too.

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

About 1" of snow.  Underperformer.  Temps were 30 to 31F during the event even from the start so no melting.  Our roads were finally salt/sand free but that just came to an end again with tons of salt/sander that went by. So no clean cars until the next rain event.  Urrgghhh!

I’m not sure that underperformed where you are. Models seemed to have it mostly S of the MA/NH border

1 hour ago, wxmanmitch said:

Dumping...probably around 1" per hour stuff now. Upstream radar looks good with a nice WSW conveyor of precipitation. HRRR keeps us snowing until 3-4 AM. Measured 1.75" at 4 PM during a lull, but we're likely at least 3" now. Will measure in a bit.

We never broke freezing and winds have now swung around to the west, indicating the cold front has passed so I think we should be done with warming. DDH and AQW both got to 42° F and 44° F respectively while I was fogged in with temps in the upper 20s. I've since risen to 31° F thanks to post frontal mixing. DDH and AQW are now dropping with -RA so they may flip back to some wet snow too.

Great obs.

1 hour ago, Cold Miser said:

Thats what i meant. Many seemed to under play it.  I suppose since 6+ wasn't coming, or because other events tomorrow and next week looked less productive overnight.  1-2 always seemed to be a legit call.

Yup. 1-2 was the call for the interior of the state. Some reached around themselves and tugged it too much though. 

37 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Looks like it was 36-40" on 3/23. Not sure  what it is now. I would guess below 30"

Edit: Looks like 22-24" per his twitter

Yeah, measurements vary quite a bit depending on location. I was measuring around the yard yesterday and average was about 2 feet with some spots 30-32". Sunny, southern exposure spots are 6-10".

5" new so far today as of 1050 pm with moderate snow, 30° F. Upstream radar continues to look good, looks like this may be turning into a nice little overachiever.

47 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

Yeah, measurements vary quite a bit depending on location. I was measuring around the yard yesterday and average was about 2 feet with some spots 30-32". Sunny, southern exposure spots are 6-10".

5" new so far today as of 1050 pm with moderate snow, 30° F. Upstream radar continues to look good, looks like this may be turning into a nice little overachiever.

I’m about 10 miles to your north at 1600’ and have 3” with moderate snow falling. An amazing drive up 7 tonight. White rain until I got to the 1500’ sign and it was dumping with snow covered roads. Heading north down to Manchester it went back to rain. Then snow again as I got above 1200’. Still a solid foot or more in the woods here. Excited to see what’s even higher up tomorrow morning at Stratton.

7-7.5" total this morning, which averages to 7.2". Lots of blowing and drifting since the snow is powdery on top. Turned into a nice little event. Deep, deep winter with cold winds.

The Woodford measurement of 7.5" on WeatherNet6 seems accurate this go around. Sometimes they're pretty close, other times not. 

Fm9fSx82TL+1hxM9t3yeAw.jpg

1 hour ago, wxmanmitch said:

7-7.5" total this morning, which averages to 7.2". Lots of blowing and drifting since the snow is powdery on top. Turned into a nice little event. Deep, deep winter with cold winds.

The Woodford measurement of 7.5" on WeatherNet6 seems accurate this go around. Sometimes they're pretty close, other times not. 

Fm9fSx82TL+1hxM9t3yeAw.jpg

What do you do there in the snow? What kind of things are there to do locally in society around there?

Archived