Newest Member
    SnowHabit
APRIL 7-8 SNOW-fizzle

NewYorkweatherfan

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I'm sure you'd make that trade again though....lol. Getting 30 inches while sacrificing a 8-12" event on Mar 21 and then a 4-6" fluff bomb on 4/2 that vaporizes in under 24h.

This one def isn't dead yet though...I've been a skeptic on it, but that doesn't mean I think it can't happen.

Absolutely.

No complaints.

There was that one storm a few years ago, it was modeled to be a weak anafrontal wave, and then like 48 hours it started this massive shift into becoming a full fledged coastal. I could theoretically see that happening here if we get some cyclogenesis going.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

There was that one storm a few years ago, it was modeled to be a weak anafrontal wave, and then like 48 hours it started this massive shift into becoming a full fledged coastal. I could theoretically see that happening here if we get some cyclogenesis going.

Yeah 2/5/16...ended up being a pretty big storm for some...with 10-12" amounts.

51 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

2/5/16 and ......1/30/18

4 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I must say it’s surprising seeing the typical gung ho Mets calling this a miss. To me, this setup is an easy forecast with warnings to I-90. The only drawback I do see is time of day / sun angle. It’ll likely be a grasser, Tree toppler unless it can hold off till late day/ night . 

No happy hour gfs. I’m selling.

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

How bout the scene from the movie “The Rock”. Where Nicholas Cage(Stanley Goodspeed) is holding/waving the Flares to let the fighter jets know they pulled it off....and not to bomb Alcatraz.  That was pretty intense there too..maybe even more so than Diehard 2. 

therock19.jpg

14 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Why? We both see similar flags. I’m not 100% miss, but I’m leaning minimal impact.

Well I haven’t seen anyone going crazy with huge impacts and heavy snow. It’s Napril and it may fall during some of the daylight. But seeing 4+ inches is certainly a very good chance on grass south of 90

Archived