SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 7-8 2018 jinx

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Guys I will check models myself but appreciate if any of you can chime in with timing as we get more info. I will also check the DC thread---driving from Florida and planning on cutting the vacation short due to this,,,,,ps Nam looks more juiced / amped /screwing me lol

If you're planning to leave Florida on Saturday you should be fine. You might have some rain to deal with Saturday night in the Carolina's but that's about it.

4 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

The main event looks to be Saturday overnight into sunday morning

By the time @Brasiluvsnow gets far enough North on Sunday, the storm will be long gone.

This time of the year the snow just doesn't stick around. Even the 6-8" that fell up here on Monday has been gone since Tuesday morning.

5 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

By the time @Brasiluvsnow gets far enough North on Sunday, the storm will be long gone.

This time of the year the snow just doesn't stick around. Even the 6-8" that fell up here on Monday has been gone since Tuesday morning.

For me the tracking part is more fun. Obviously waking Sunday morning should be fun hopefully we looking at like this past Monday morning

I had snow yesterday morning even today I got piles in some places pretty cool for April 

26 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

If you're planning to leave Florida on Saturday you should be fine. You might have some rain to deal with Saturday night in the Carolina's but that's about it.

NJ isn't timing still debatable ,,but If I leave Saturday morning that puts me in DC around Midnight give or take and as of now am I reading these models wrong because to me it appears I don't want to be near DC at 11 pm Saturday or 12 am Sunday-----still a  ways to go with models but Im sure many people are reading this thread who are in the same boat or snow mobile as me right now and driving home from vacation

55 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

For me the tracking part is more fun. Obviously waking Sunday morning should be fun hopefully we looking at like this past Monday morning

I had snow yesterday morning even today I got piles in some places pretty cool for April 

I was still in Tennessee. Got home late Monday night.

The 12-18" that had fallen in the mountains of VA the weekend prior was all gone.

2 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

NAM is rain for many and white rain for areas further north-mid-day Saturday event.  Meh.

I don't think so, actually looks pretty similar to Monday if you ask me.

That's a pretty good upper air signature there for a burst of heavy snow.

namconus_z500_vort_neus_51.png

10 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

NAM is rain for many and white rain for areas further north-mid-day Saturday event.  Meh.

Honestly I've been over the snow since the March storm. Whatever falls will be gone in less than a day unless the amounts are really high (8"+). 

Spring snow is meh 99% of the time. 

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived