Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 7-8 2018 jinx

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen this game before I think Newark does better than new York city and long island also does better than nyc. I think central park gets stuck in between bands and has poor rates that's my best guess right now. Also I don't think the Euro will show a better solution I think it either drops south or holds serve. Regardless Newark 3-4 will get a big hit come Saturday and Islip look for 6-8. Central park measly inch

Word of the day for NYC  (subsidence)

12 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

I've seen this game before I think Newark does better than new York city and long island also does better than nyc. I think central park gets stuck in between bands and has poor rates that's my best guess right now. Also I don't think the Euro will show a better solution I think it either drops south or holds serve. Regardless Newark 3-4 will get a big hit come Saturday and Islip look for 6-8. Central park measly inch

Are you ok? 

17 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

I think it's way too early for predicting placement of subsidence zones. That's tough even 12 hours out.

1 hour ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

We most definitely have a shot at 50+. I'm currently at 45''. If my area didn't struggle with subsidence issues in March, I'd be going for 1995/96 levels by now.

The 2nd storm is what failed us; we got 4-5 instead of 20+.....the March 21-22 delivered, but too late in the day to get us to the truly big numbers that were possible in a colder time of year; still after Feb and 80 degrees I wouldn't have predicted snow in April.

• Rjay pinned this topic
18 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

It only worries me because it is mid spring. Easier to get by with that in January.

I wish I could remember where I read that, but I do recall reading the opposite.

500 - 1000 mb thickness is a surrogate for the average temperature in that layer, but how you get there can vary.  If it's warmer near 500mb (but still well below freezing), that gives you a little wiggle room to keep the lower parts of the column cooler and have snow with a partial thickness of 544.

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived