Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 7-8 2018 jinx

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, SnoSki14 said:

Honestly I've been over the snow since the March storm. Whatever falls will be gone in less than a day unless the amounts are really high (8"+). 

Spring snow is meh 99% of the time. 

Only reason I'm interested is that with 6 inches in the books already we could make history...however if this ends up a daytime event it will be hard to achieve.  Labor Day Sun angle...

5 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

namconus_ref_frzn_neus_49.png

That my friend is heavy snow! All columns are cool and temperatures are in the low 30's

Edit:in fact even New York city is below freezing during the height of the storm to me that's all that matters right now. I would like to be a little later like Saturday night like the navgem is showing than we could get an easy 6 inch even in central park

Just now, NewYorkweatherfan said:

That my friend is heavy snow! All columns are cool and temperatures are in the low 30's

It's during the day and it looks like a frontal wave, pure grass topper. 

Last week some models were suggesting a blue bomb, that's no longer the case. This is a stats padder and nothing more.

3 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

so that means this one will be?  LOL.  

Who says it can't ?

3 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

It's during the day and it looks like a frontal wave, pure grass topper. 

Last week some models were suggesting a blue bomb, that's no longer the case. This is a stats padder and nothing more.

It's a wave along the front which can drop alot of snow.

Just stop. You are always forecasting warmth with less snoe.

4 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

Who says it can't ?

It's a wave along the front which can drop alot of snow.

Just stop. You are always forecasting warmth with less snoe.

and you are always forecasting snow and cold.   You were probably all in for cold and snow in 11-12 when it was 80 in March...

7 minutes ago, Brian5671 said:

and you are always forecasting snow and cold.   You were probably all in for cold and snow in 11-12 when it was 80 in March...

I forecast what I think is right

You were wrong with the last few storms. Keep thinking you are always right because you have been wrong just like snowman19.

20 minutes ago, NewYorkweatherfan said:

Edit:in fact even New York city is below freezing during the height of the storm to me that's all that matters right now. I would like to be a little later like Saturday night like the navgem is showing than we could get an easy 6 inch even in central park

Nice post

3 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

You need the more amped solution to deliver the heavier rates, or it will indeed end up as a car topper.

Call me crazy but I think that boundary stalls and the low rides up the coast and drops a good amount of frozen precip. Also it does snow from 76hrs-82 in new York city so at least we should be able to get a good 1-3 inches. Nothing is set in stone though anything and everything will probably change.

37 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

You need the more amped solution to deliver the heavier rates, or it will indeed end up as a car topper.

Not really. The rates are plenty heavy on the Euro and GFS, and it falls mostly early morning. It’s just that they focus on I-95 and south instead of north and west like the NAM which would be maybe an inch for the coast at the end. 

3 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

Not really. The rates are plenty heavy on the Euro and GFS, and it falls mostly early morning. It’s just that they focus on I-95 and south instead of north and west like the NAM which would be maybe an inch for the coast at the end. 

This will probably inch a bit north from the Euro depiction, but not be as amped as the NAM. The -EPO block funnels down a very cold high pressure, it should get crushed at some point. Expecting a 100-mile wide swath of heavy snow.

Just now, nzucker said:

This will probably inch a bit north from the Euro depiction, but not be as amped as the NAM. The -EPO block funnels down a very cold high pressure, it should get crushed at some point. Expecting a 100-mile wide swath of heavy snow.

The GFS definitely bumped a little north from 6z. I agree the NAM is probably overdone and too amped but you can’t totally discount it when other models are still coming north. Not much breathing room on April 7th. 

24 minutes ago, NJwx85 said:

Looking like the 6th warning criteria snowfall here since March 1st. Making a run at a 50"+ season.

We most definitely have a shot at 50+. I'm currently at 45''. If my area didn't struggle with subsidence issues in March, I'd be going for 1995/96 levels by now.

7 minutes ago, NutleyBlizzard said:

We most definitely have a shot at 50+. I'm currently at 45''. If my area didn't struggle with subsidence issues in March, I'd be going for 1995/96 levels by now.

I know, our area in NE Jersey has had way too much subsidence this season. At least last snowfall we cashed in more than others. First time all season. 

• Rjay pinned this topic
  • Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived