SnowHabit
April 7-8 snow event

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, mappy said:

you guys are giving up already? 

i wouldn't.  looks like the system is a bit faster on the 12z too.  if the cold can outpace the precip better then i think we could still get a good solution.  there's been some wobbles north, but i don't think this is a setup where it keeps trending north like that.  it's a classic rain to snow look, at least in the dc caribbean.

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

this thread isn't even 24 hours old and the euro is junk. come on. where my weenies at? 

You rang?… Snow TV in April where do I sign and it’s my birthday Saturday even better ....No one is taking away the snow TV yet as far as I can tell maybe the next run of the GFS

Just now, 87storms said:

i wouldn't.  looks like the system is a bit faster on the 12z too.  if the cold can outpace the precip better then i think we could still get a good solution.  there's been some wobbles north, but i don't think this is a setup where it keeps trending north like that.  it's a classic rain to snow look, at least in the dc caribbean.

Dc Caribbean? That sounds nice 

2 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

We can breath a little easier now. EPS is a step back but still nice overall.

6yIsFMY.png

Nah, once we start the slide back, there's no stopping it.  Especially in April.   The EPS will slowly start to slide back in 12 hour increments.  GFS is next.   Not being a deb at all..I'll keep watching and there's always hope.  If this was Jan or Feb, no way I'd give up.  But we're already at a precarious stage as it is.  

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Nah, once we start the slide back, there's no stopping it.  Especially in April.   The EPS will slowly start to slide back in 12 hour increments.  GFS is next.   Not being a deb at all..I'll keep watching and there's always hope.  If this was Jan or Feb, no way I'd give up.  But we're already at a precarious stage as it is.  

I'll take the part I bolded and run with it. Not gonna pretend I'm not concerned. All I need is .15" to break 10", so that's my bar. 

7 minutes ago, mappy said:

i legit only just got excited and everyone is leaving

I am excited for your yard still.

I have enjoyed tracking and at least trying to contribute some decent objective analysis lol, but my personal interest is pretty low outside of something truly historic- which looks unlikely to me. 

And..

ITS APRIL!

7 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am excited for your yard still.

I have enjoyed tracking and at least trying to contribute some decent objective analysis lol, but my personal interest is pretty low outside of something truly historic- which looks unlikely to me. 

And..

ITS APRIL!

APRIL SNOW! 

6 minutes ago, WVclimo said:

12Z Euro was the best model run yet for my yard.  Can't say I'm excited though, as I only have room for about 50-75 miles of northward shift with 72 hours still to go. 

Oh yeah, a shift could screw me too. 

4 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

^The ultimate “imby” weenie. Nice to everyone when things go her way and snippy when it doesnt

Where’s Yoda to tell us not to worry about the north trend

I can't please everyone, I am not pizza. 

8 minutes ago, PivotPoint said:

^The ultimate “imby” weenie. Nice to everyone when things go her way and snippy when it doesnt

Where’s Yoda to tell us not to worry about the north trend

Keep yelling at this person. Mappy controls the weather and is purposely pulling it north just to cause you rage

Euro has been unreliable most of the winter. It did the exact same thing with the March 20-21 storm. Gave the entire forum 20+ inches then stole it next run. This is a very tricky storm. Awaiting an “arctic airmass” in April as your only source of cold where a low develops along the boundary is rough in any month let alone spring. GFS is most consistent. Might still see a northward trend though and it won’t take too much to shift MA snow solely into the higher terrain and into NYC subforum. 

8 minutes ago, mappy said:

APRIL SNOW! 

Oh yeah, a shift could screw me too. 

I can't please everyone, I am not pizza. 

That’s actually pretty funny lol

In all seriousness, I was thinking last night (based off weenie model-theory) there is a bias for northern correction 3-4 days out, then a slight correction back south 24-36 hours out. So today’s north trend doesn’t surprise me. And it wouldnt surprise me that the Thursday night and Friday morning suites correct back So dc/Balt might still be in the game. The question is how abrasive is the north trend. Too much and a small correction south won’t matter in our beautiful spring climo.

1 minute ago, PivotPoint said:

That’s actually pretty funny lol

In all seriousness, I was thinking last night (based off weenie model-theory) there is a bias for northern correction 3-4 days out, then a slight correction back south 24-36 hours out. So today’s north trend doesn’t surprise me. And it would surprise me that the Thursday night and Friday morning suites correct back So dc/Balt might still be in the game. The question is how abrasive is the north trend. Too much and a small correction south won’t matter in our beautiful spring climo.

in all seriousness i don't want this snow y'all can have it. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived