Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 7-8 snow event

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Knew that was paying attention  before I left florida earlier but I knew u guys still had a shot at this,,,,and bit now  that I'm driving i am out of the loop,,,,any ice I need to worry about ?

If you’re driving on I-95, you will probably be ok even as the temperature dips below freezing tonight. There  is an area of snow falling around Fredericksburg right now.

32 minutes ago, Brasiluvsnow said:

Knew that was paying attention  before I left florida earlier but I knew u guys still had a shot at this,,,,and bit now  that I'm driving i am out of the loop,,,,any ice I need to worry about ?

If you are planning to drive all night, you might run into wet snow after Raleigh and through Richmond but volume of traffic should keep the road either wet or slushy rather than icy, could be slippery on exit ramps until past Baltimore if the virga reaches the ground in DC area. Off the road there could be 2 to 4 inch accumulations on grassy surfaces sort of a deal. The low is currently between Charleston SC and Columbia SC and the leading wave has collapsed southeast off the coast, the arctic front has reached Richmond to Danville and currently runs along the NC-VA border before cutting south again. Expect that to be more like Norfolk to Raleigh to Charlotte by midnight. Sleet to snow north of that front. 

4 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Really satisfied with this epic storm, I got to enjoy 97 flurries!

are you sure you wasn’t seeing stars from looking up n down trying to count them all?  epic wasn’t it. lol. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived