SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 7-8 snow event

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

PSU thanks for the very informative explanation.  I wouldn't have had such a problem with a 10-12"-ish total winter with two sloppy, non-pavement sticking 3-inchers (Dec 9 and Mar 21) being the "best" events if winter had sucked in the whole region.  But watching storms like "Bomb Cyclone" and others miss in every direction was already frustrating; then to watch Mar 21 give good snow as close as 20 miles away (Frederick) pushed it over the edge to my worst winter ever.  I just have 11 years left in this awful climate.  Six months a year of bare trees, no gardening, and coats, but yet with very little snowfall.  No thanks.  Out.

3 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was going to brew today but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. In November this would've been a perfect brew day, but now it's a perfect drinking day.

What are you brewing? And can you save me a few? Since I work for both Key Brewing and Charm City, maybe we could set up a trade? B)

Just now, Scraff said:

What are you brewing? And can you save me a few? Since I work for both Key Brewing and Charm City, maybe we could set up a trade? B)

Absolutely!! I've never been to Key but the Behind the Country Club is good stuff. I'm brewing a NE ipa this weekend and will gladly share. Also have an oyster stout on draft here now, and will brew our Black Eye PA Susan before our annual BES party on the Friday before the Preakness. Hopefully we will have three beers on tap for that.

27 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Its been mostly dry here. Just cloudy and chilly. So far I have gotten what I preferred- decent enough weather to work on my outside projects.

For those who were really hoping for a legit snowy day- kinda sorry, not sorry, lol.

I'm indifferent. I got my one warning criteria event a couple weeks ago so now I'm content. I try to set my bar pretty low so I'm not pissing and moaning all the time. When I was in VA my bar was one 4" event and 10" for the season. Here it's one 8" event and 25".  Those are both "should happen 75% of the time" bars so I'm lot left miserable too often. 

But for the people in the extreme snow hole west of DC that didn't even get any 4"+ events I totally understand the disgust with this winter. 

42 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was going to brew today but it'll have to wait until tomorrow. In November this would've been a perfect brew day, but now it's a perfect drinking day.

That sounds like a great plan. I’m waiting very impatiently for Sunshine Superman to carb up (I should have just burst carbed from the start on Tuesday evening), but I’ve got plenty of other beers laying around to tide me over if it’s not ready this evening!

Given the fact it was over 70 here in Augusta County yesterday but is now 40 and dropping, coupled with quiet gray skies, my wood stove roaring, crisp air, and so on- it sure feels like winter for one more day.  SnowTV starts at 3:00 and lasts until after sunset, if the 3K and RGEM are to be believed.  NWS gives mby a 37% chance of an inch or more- lol.  Since it is April, I will take and run!

14 minutes ago, Vice-Regent said:

Think harder. I know you can do it. Keep up the good work in life.

I am an educator with a PhD, but I will try to think harder for you and keep up the good work I actually am doing every day with students, since you asked so nicely and are obviously so bright and righteous and kind and not a troll at all.

edit: It's now snowing!!  That's what I'm tracking about!!

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm indifferent. I got my one warning criteria event a couple weeks ago so now I'm content. I try to set my bar pretty low so I'm not pissing and moaning all the time. When I was in VA my bar was one 4" event and 10" for the season. Here it's one 8" event and 25".  Those are both "should happen 75% of the time" bars so I'm lot left miserable too often. 

But for the people in the extreme snow hole west of DC that didn't even get any 4"+ events I totally understand the disgust with this winter. 

My bar is one 5"+ (warning) event and 20" (slightly below median). 

I truly feel for @EastCoast NPZ and some others in his boat. That area was mightily screwed in all kinds of ways.

1 hour ago, bigshaq00 said:

how much snow can i expect in central/northern north Carolina at the end of this storm. if any?

Your location says Cary NC which I looked up and you are very close to RDU. If that's where you are asking about, close to the mixing line by about 9 p.m., could get a coating on grassy surfaces. Further north and west up to 3-5" possible. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived