Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 7-8 snow event

PrinceFrederickWx

3 hours ago, Roger Smith said:

Frankly, you're better off with a picturesque 2-4" than 6-10" if the trees are out, it will cut down on the tree damage and power cuts.

I think it will be maybe 3-6" but that won't be too damaging if that's the total. Can recall a spring snowstorm in late April 1976 in Ontario after a warm spell that placed 8" of snow on almost fully leafed trees and it brought down large branches on mature maples and oaks. You don't need that. 

Good thing in that regard is that we haven’t leafed out at all yet. Even in DC itself were only seeing buds on most trees, with the early-flowering trees (Cherry, Bradford Pear) having their flowers on them.

But this doesn’t really matter because it’s not as if we should expect more than conversational snow out of this one.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I am for the most part. I mean, there is some potential there, but the way these types of events tend to evolve is the wrong way for our region. 

I need to be more serious with my posts- they are lacking this morning lol. My low interest in snow at this point is showing I guess. I really thought this event would work out for areas NW of the fall line, but I am not feeling it with the recent model trends. It looks like it is evolving into a weak wave that will just get shoved south by an unseasonably strong cold front.

I never lose interest in snow but I have to admit this winter took a toll on me. Even with all the teases and near misses there was still plenty to track for going on 6 months now which is definitely a plus. What really drained me though is that there were some on here that really ruined the model thread and the board in general for a good part of the winter which is a big part of the enjoyment in tracking for me. 

Just now, showmethesnow said:

I never lose interest in snow but I have to admit this winter took a toll on me. Even with all the teases and near misses there was still plenty to track for going on 6 months now which is definitely a plus. What really drained me though is that there were some on here that really ruined the model thread and the board in general for a good part of the winter which is a big part of the enjoyment in tracking for me. 

Its just that I am in full Spring mode now.

This thing could still come back a bit I guess. Its never been a strong wave, but the front seems to push through more quickly now. I dont have time to do an analysis but one key with this is the timing/strength of the PV spokes rotating down. Maybe that has changed just enough on the latest runs?

26 minutes ago, PrinceFrederickWx said:

If this keeps up I may be heading back to the SoMD /Eastern Shore thread... and going into Witness Protection from the northern tier lol

I doubt you need to do that. Some of us can handle being missed than others. 

1 hour ago, Snow88 said:

The Ukie started the shift south at 12z yesterday

You never have anything good to say. You only pop in when it's bad to tell us how bad it is. And you're useless because there are numerous better smarter posters than you in this region already. So go crawl back under your smelly sh!tyy NYC bridge and troll in your own damn forum. 

48 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

I agree here. Some really bad flip flopping analysis this year

5 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
38 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
What trend?

Exactly Randy. People need to give it til 18z imo to call it an actual trend. Might just be the usual overcorrection or hiccup suite we see when energy jumps onshore out West.

Look at total precip on the last 3 runs of the Euro. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived