• Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Ji said:
16 minutes ago, yoda said:
00z CMC CHO to DCA to BWI special... 4 to 6 inches... psuhoffman fringed again

4-6 ain't gonna get it done for me. Sorry. Unless it happens in 2-3 hours

Lol you get more snow on this 00z CMC run like 60 hours later

5 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Might as well stay up for the Euro

It was worth it last night, but once you decide to stay up for it willingly, it ends up disappointing. It just can't top last night's run: 

23 hours ago, Deck Pic said:

Sweet Dreams

Kuchera

Ybu3osG.png

RGEM ensemble is in range.  This is from 48-72 hours out.  Mean qpf as snow max stripe is in line with the rest of the 00z suite.

CizUqx3.png

It doesn't see much of a chance of this shifting up into PA.

uiLu8go.png

9jMydfK.png

But northern areas become more favored for the bigger hits.

MbwSsF0.png

7 minutes ago, Hurricanegiants said:

It’s funny. Normally with this potential. We would have many people up for the euro. But it’s April and so it”s disrespected. 

It's also that the Euro now comes out around 2am... and some people have work in the morning lol

45 minutes ago, yoda said:

WB has 4 to 6 from CHO to across N VA and into DC... I guess Kuchera says less then?

I knew you would pull it south.  Thank you. You can stop now.  Amazing to see colder and south so close to game time. 

Frankly, you're better off with a picturesque 2-4" than 6-10" if the trees are out, it will cut down on the tree damage and power cuts.

I think it will be maybe 3-6" but that won't be too damaging if that's the total. Can recall a spring snowstorm in late April 1976 in Ontario after a warm spell that placed 8" of snow on almost fully leafed trees and it brought down large branches on mature maples and oaks. You don't need that. 

4 minutes ago, Roger Smith said:

Frankly, you're better off with a picturesque 2-4" than 6-10" if the trees are out, it will cut down on the tree damage and power cuts.

I think it will be maybe 3-6" but that won't be too damaging if that's the total. Can recall a spring snowstorm in late April 1976 in Ontario after a warm spell that placed 8" of snow on almost fully leafed trees and it brought down large branches on mature maples and oaks. You don't need that. 

I don’t think 6-10 is on the table really.  Regardless it will be wet and heavy snow which may come down like giant asteroids for a time.  5:1 rates you think?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived