Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 7-8 snow event

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm worried about the north trend too. I said this morning that I didn't want to see any more north move today or tonight. And already that failed. I wanted the axis to stay south of D.C. until tomorrow. Even then I felt by gametime DC would be the southern end of the accumulating snow. With the move today I'm worried up here might end up south even. 

But...it's not because of the nam. The nam is north because it's racing the wave across way too fast before the front can press. Maybe it's onto somethaing. There is a trend to speed up the wave but nothing yet to that degree. And just the last run the nam had a two wave idea with a big snow in southern VA. That's gone. So it's jumping around. The north trend is real and a problem but I don't trust the nam a lick outside 48 hours. 

The 2 wave deal was odd. Even if we give it zero weight, the Euro is concerning. The GFS is still "ok" but it did nudge a bit too.. Hopefully it holds its ground at 0z. Honestly I dont care much what 18z does. Then we see what the 0z Euro run looks like.

1 minute ago, Ji said:
4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:
Imma bout to shut this board down   

Maybe if it wasn't call the icon. It's like calling the gfs like the 18z legend

Every time it’s mentioned, it puts me on tilt a little bit.  I want to kick kittens. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

At 66 it's definitely south of 12z. I'm really worried I get fringed now. I know you feel better. 

Did you know I have the power to unilaterally ban members?  

14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'm worried about the north trend too. I said this morning that I didn't want to see any more north move today or tonight. And already that failed. I wanted the axis to stay south of D.C. until tomorrow. Even then I felt by gametime DC would be the southern end of the accumulating snow. With the move today I'm worried up here might end up south even. 

But...it's not because of the nam. The nam is north because it's racing the wave across way too fast before the front can press. Maybe it's onto somethaing. There is a trend to speed up the wave but nothing yet to that degree. And just the last run the nam had a two wave idea with a big snow in southern VA. That's gone. So it's jumping around. The north trend is real and a problem but I don't trust the nam a lick outside 48 hours. 

Please stop being a Debbie Downer. Wishcasting only allowed here.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Nah. He’s legit. He’s not telling us things we know in every post. 

Did you know it's April. And the sun angle is way higher now. And that means radiation. Did you know it's super rare to snow in April. Did you know D.C. has an UHI. Did you know we suck at snow. If not don't worry I'm sure some version of this will be repeated 50 times by the time the euro comes out tonight. 

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

GFS is probably gonna be decent. Definitely not going north.  But really, does it make anybody feel better that the solo GFS is showing a hit? 

Fair enough but some of that is just our inherent skepticism because if it had shifted north and looked like the nam it would be a procession of cliff jumpers in here right now. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived