Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April 7-8 snow event

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5ac50155e1dd9_charliebrown.thumb.gif.7b3a9e3d8c74ac1e7963d48c92ee0736.gif

Silly me, thought we could go one event this year without all the Debs coming out and plastering the boards with their non-stop, overly repetitious 'No snow for you because of this, this and this'. But no, like clockwork they are here within 2-3 days of an event to let us know how foolish we are for believing we could see some snow.

Just asking, but is it too much to ask if you Debs can tone it down just a little. PLEASE?????????

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Silly me, thought we could go one event this year without all the Debs coming out and plastering the boards with their non-stop, overly repetitious 'No snow for you because of this, this and this'. But no, like clockwork they are here within 2-3 days of an event to let us know how foolish we are for believing we could see some snow.

Just asking, but is it too much to ask if you Debs can tone it down just a little. PLEASE?????????

yeah it really was silly of you to expect that. 

6 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Did you know it was April?  Did you know that we usually don't get snow in April, so I'm just telling you...you must keep your expectations in check.   Did you know it was April?  Did you know that any April snow situation is delicate?  Well let me tell you, ad nauseam about it...

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Well, DT just hit me up on fb.   Said  and I quote "HAMMER TIP FOR RANDY:   biggest snow of the year for u"

That sounds like he's trolling you.  

And for all you people whining about May snow: I once got lost in a blizzard in July.  Of course, I was hiking a 13K mountain in the Sierras at the time, but whatever.  

13 minutes ago, MD Snow said:

Thank you for the PBP. Wish everyone would just stop bickering and enjoy tracking and giving analysis about the possibility of a once in 50 year weather event. 

This is a good post. I think we all need to chill and get back to the science part. That said, it also doesn’t help to deb the debs, for reasons I’ve mentioned before. Let’s all pretend it’s january and that if it’s cold enough to snow then it’s cold enough to snow.

3 minutes ago, H2O said:

there was no ALEET.  He should have waited until after the 12z euro

I actually agree.  I hope he's not going full ALEET before then.   On a serious note, I get all the concerns with this.  But:

We all know where we live

We all know it's April

We all know this is an extremely delicate situation and that every single thing has to go perfect

We all know we're not getting double digit snowfalls, complete with pavement stickage.

This is all bonus.  I love tracking it.  If it happens, it happens.  Because it's April, nobody should be seriously vested.

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I actually agree.  I hope he's not going full ALEET before then.   On a serious note, I get all the concerns with this.  But:

We all know where we live

We all know it's April

We all know this is an extremely delicate situation and that every single thing has to go perfect

We all know we're not getting double digit snowfalls, complete with pavement stickage.

This is all bonus.  I love tracking it.  If it happens, it happens.  Because it's April, nobody should be seriously vested.

i just said i was all in. dammit. 

4 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

Suppressed likely means all snow though, I’d assume. Might be willing to trade a slightly suppressed solution for 100% snow.

Unless the 850s are a bit hung up and it’s just light precip. Sometimes you need the rates for the snow transition 

Just now, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Unless the 850s are a bit hung up and it’s just light precip. Sometimes you need the rates for the snow transition 

Unfortunately, weathermodels doesn't have the 850s past 72... so we won't know -- tonights 0z UKIE may have it though

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived