Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 7-8 snow event

PrinceFrederickWx

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, StantonParkHoya said:

It gave us like 20 miles of room. 20 miles for 3 days of trends. Come on, you've heard this song before.

Euro started as a NC crush job so that chance of a north is real.  How far it can go is the question.  We will find out soon enough.  Keeping expectations low until Saturday morning.  

snow maps are dumb at this point.  we've been through that dog and pony show before, so why repeat that?  we need to look at the pattern.  i would think there's limits to how far north this storm could go, but looking at the setup, i wouldn't be surprised if it's more of a rain to snow variety, given the orientation of the high pressing in from the northwest and not really having a strong one anchored over the north/northeast.  we need that cold air to filter in fast enough so that we're not starting out during the day as rain.  that's my take at least.

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Icon stays the global course with a slower more consolidated second wave. Looks close to last run. 

The 2 wave idea could still work btw but I'm not in favor of adding complexity to an April setup

Add that to the list of statements we don't often make about snow in April haha.

4 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

GFS look similar as well vs it's 6z and 0z runs so far

Little more tilt out in front. At face value it's pretty much a textbook climo track....for a walk the line midwinter event...haha. Good enough for me. I'm not jumping on the widespread warning event so if the 12z just nailed it then it's still historic. 

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Little more tilt out in front. At face value it's pretty much a textbook climo track....for a walk the line midwinter event...haha. Good enough for me. I'm not jumping on the widespread warning event so if the 12z just nailed it then it's still historic. 

It did shift north, but we had some cushion from 12z.  We're about out of cushion tho.

Just now, Bob Chill said:

The biggest piece that I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around are panels like this...at 2pm on April 7th...lol

gfs_T2m_neus_14.png

the temps drop 15-20 degrees in 6 hrs per the gfs.  what i like is that this is clearly an end as snow system even if there's a tightrope.  sunday morning could look pretty cool outside if things verify.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived