Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BuffaloWeather said:

Some nice slow moving storms about to move through, riding along the lake shadow boundary.

codnexlab.NEXRAD.BUF.N0Q.20180531.2144.024ani.gif

Got absolutely walloped here in WS. Not the most impressive wind or thunder/lightning but we picked up 1.47" of rain in 20 minutes and had a peak rainfall rate of 5.66"/hr which is the heaviest I have ever personally experienced. The rain was literally blinding and it looked like the middle of a 4"/hr lake effect snow band. 

3 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Got absolutely walloped here in WS. Not the most impressive wind or thunder/lightning but we picked up 1.47" of rain in 20 minutes and had a peak rainfall rate of 5.66"/hr which is the heaviest I have ever personally experienced. The rain was literally blinding and it looked like the middle of a 4"/hr lake effect snow band. 

Yeah not as heavy here but the skies were beautiful tonight. 

nbLK2n7.jpg

Since our weather is so boring (but nice), figured I would share these videos my father in law sent me from his house in Laramie, WY today.

From my Father in Law who lives in the Antelope Ridge subdivision of Laramie. Tornado was about 1/4 to 1/2 miles away from his house. I’m 

21 hours ago, WesterlyWx said:

Since our weather is so boring (but nice), figured I would share these videos my father in law sent me from his house in Laramie, WY today.

From my Father in Law who lives in the Antelope Ridge subdivision of Laramie. Tornado was about 1/4 to 1/2 miles away from his house. I’m 

I need to experience this once. What an incredible video. This needs to be shared across the internet. 

On 6/11/2018 at 6:16 PM, BuffaloWeather said:

I'll be going to Iceland from July 7-15th. Might have an outside chance at some snow? ^_^

Image result for iceland photo

Looks amazing, should be very long days while you are there which will be cool.  

Can you fire up a summer thread for us before you leave?  Todays storms are looking decent over Ontario.  Lets see how they do with the Erie shadow.

2 hours ago, DeltaT13 said:

Looks amazing, should be very long days while you are there which will be cool.  

Can you fire up a summer thread for us before you leave?  Todays storms are looking decent over Ontario.  Lets see how they do with the Erie shadow.

They died right out except over the Southern Tier where I was working in Silver Creek and we got whacked with some crazy rains and lots of lightning. Loving this nice weather but boy has it been boring from a weather standpoint. Can’t wait for another couple months when the lake will begin to aid in storm activity rather than choke it out.

Archived