SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, WesterlyWx said:

31 with a td of 25 so room for additional cooling once precip does finally get here but not liking radar at all. I can see KIAG getting .75" freezing rain and KBUF .25" ...

Yeah, I'm kinda curious.  I might actually buy the 12z reg qpf a bit more than the ECMWF, since it's kinda meso/convective, ecmwf seems a bit low tonight.  

I'm at 30/25 which gives a wet bulb temp of about 28, so I would expect the temp to settle in the 27-29 range once precip starts. With those really low dewpoints to our north and the strong NE flow, I could see temps along the lake plain having a tough time breaking freezing before midday tomorrow (and that might be conservative). Lots of time for ice to build up. Key is where the precip lines up.

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Niagara county will probably get a bit of ip mixing in with this batch.  There's IP whiting the ground on the cams in Cayuga, on the Peninsula. 

Also some thunder and lightning embedded over the Pininsula. Radar returns not super heavy so I wonder if it's from sleet or graupel? 

2 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Niagara county will probably get a bit of ip mixing in with this batch.  There's IP whiting the ground on the cams in Cayuga, on the Peninsula. 

Also lightning strikes showing up on the Niagara pennisula which is indicative of heavy sleet. 

19 minutes ago, mississaugasnow said:

down to 26F with a windchill of 15F in Toronto with moderate sleet. Roads and sidewalks are all covered, parts of the 401 going across the city was shutdown earlier because of all the crashes. London Ontario is at 29F and is already reporting trees down on power lines. 

So much for april sun angle.

Archived