Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April 2nd Snow Observations

KamuSnow

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Birds~69 said:

It was pretty much a N and W of Philly type of event. The last/current batch really saved me...probably close to 3". Basically what Ralph reports I'm within a couple tenths either way...

3.1" here now starting to slowly taper. Doubt I reach 60" for the season with this one.....only .5" away. Maybe next weekend :-)

40 minutes ago, famartin said:

0.6" in Ewing so far, they've been in that gap on radar. Lets see what this last band can do...

Ray,

Did you have a relative named William Martin who was a weather observer in Long Branch? I just finished a book by James Turner called " Seven Superstorms of the Northeast" in which he is frequently mentioned.

22 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

3.1" here now starting to slowly taper. Doubt I reach 60" for the season with this one.....only .5" away. Maybe next weekend :-)

Just went out, I think I fell a little shy of 3"...2.6"?...2.7"?

Lazy flakes falling....skies brightening, it's over. 33.1F

11 minutes ago, wkd said:

Ray,

Did you have a relative named William Martin who was a weather observer in Long Branch? I just finished a book by James Turner called " Seven Superstorms of the Northeast" in which he is frequently mentioned.

Negative.  There are a lot of Martin's out there :lol:

24 minutes ago, Hurricane Agnes said:

Now up to SN with parachute snowflakes that are efficient at trying to lay down accumulation on existing slush.  Getting some 30dbz last gasp.  Trenton appears to be close to a mini-death band.

Looks like it appeared better than it actually was, maybe a quarter inch or so new with it. It did come down hard, but warm temps and its brevity did not help.

The jackpot areas it seems were in that band that went from NYC southwest thru parts of Somerset and Hunterdon counties in Nj and parts of Bucks in Pa. I was lucky this time to be in it. Just goes to show that in most of our storms it's where the bands set up which will determine snow amounts and this really is almost a nowcasting type thing.

12 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

Gonna inflate the final total here to 0.3" from .25" on the car, although there is about 1/2" on the snow pile. Congrats all you jackpotters!! I got up at 3 am for 0.3" of slush, lololol. Better luck next time especially for that hurricane1091 guy in South Jersey!

NYC proper and their immediate N/E burbs got walloped with 5 - 7" (so far).  NE is getting it now.

10 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Clouds are keeping the lazer sun at mere mid March strength and it's colder than after the last snow with 37.9

Plus there are some light to moderate NE winds coming off the chilly (~42F) ocean.  Temps here have been slow to rise and it's currently 38.  Snow here is gone except for some that slid off the front of my car roof onto the windshield and after most of that melted, there is still a 1" wide strip on top of the wipers. :P

Archived