Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, weathafella said:

Back to work and naturally back to summer today.

Saturday was a total win hot day, rest of the weekend besides a half hour cloud break was rather manky. Today started out that way but should be a scorcha. May, may have been AN but we couldn't spring two great weekend days in a row, awfully cloudy month.

33 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Saturday was a total win hot day, rest of the weekend besides a half hour cloud break was rather manky. Today started out that way but should be a scorcha. May, may have been AN but we couldn't spring two great weekend days in a row, awfully cloudy month.

Totally sucky for me.   Was in Maine for a day of rain and 60's on Saturday; returned to the crap here on Sunday and then of course yesterday was crap until about 3:30.  Hope to set up shop outside for a while today.

36 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Totally sucky for me.   Was in Maine for a day of rain and 60's on Saturday; returned to the crap here on Sunday and then of course yesterday was crap until about 3:30.  Hope to set up shop outside for a while today.

Same sequence at my place, but the "rain" here consisted of 20 drops Saturday as showers fell all around.  GYX talking tropical moisture and heavy RA this coming weekend, while GFS has another 3-day run of clouds with <1/2".  Even the 0.3" modeled for AUG would beat this past weekend of dry mank.

Synoptics look crummy but we are at the time of the year when the sun can normalize things.   

The reason yesterday and Sunday were maxed mank was because there was a strong long-shore flow pummeling west ... completing a curvi-linear trajectory that started out in the mid Maritime region not terminating until it slammed into the Berks and then forcibly was turned south by mass-balancing alone ...all the way to DCA.  Really was an amazing example of 'atmospheric basin filling'  

That look this next weekend isn't quite the same phenomenon so probably caveat emptor if one is comparing.   Fwiw - machine guidance is mid 70s on Saturday.   

Sunday we might get more of that... but, I'm wondering if some of the easterly flow anomaly gets corrected in the guidance...seems to push plausibility as these are "weaknesses" in the 500 mb/mid level layout that don't really necessity that much restoring mass up underneath.  Seems the models a bit zealous in doing so but we'll see. 

Archived