Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

15 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Had no clue.  Been out of the loop.

Yeah, it's so true that when it's not in your neighborhood sometimes you just don't know.  I checked out of the severe thread earlier that day and hadn't seen the news in about a week so I had no idea the damage down there was so bad until today.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that the trees are in full leave and the GOES 16 was repositioned to give us a more straight down view its really easy to pick up built-up urban area and highway corridors.  There are places like in the Conn valley that show up lighter.  I don't know if that are fields of soil vs foliage or also more built up area but either way love the GOES!

Untitled.jpg

1 hour ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, it's so true that when it's not in your neighborhood sometimes you just don't know.  I checked out of the severe thread earlier that day and hadn't seen the news in about a week so I had no idea the damage down there was so bad until today.

I was extremely busy that day so I was unable to stay online.  I posted a photo in the evening of the clouds to the west and that was about it.  Never was able to keep track and I don't have a FB account and I don't use Twitter.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

12Z GFS now with 2 chamber days Sun and Monday after a meh frontal passage Sat night, that would be perfect

But Memorial Day weekend should never be presumed to be summery.  I just need one warm day to bathe the dog outside.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Light rain falling since around noon today... dreary, wet, chilly with temps in the 50s all day.  

A light soaking rain with 1/3rd of an inch so far should do the blooming vegetation some good.

Wasn’t fun to play golf in. :(

1 hour ago, Hoth said:

Had a ripping thunderstorm at 3 a.m.  Excluding last week, it was the best in a while. Lots of close lightning. 

Pretty sure I almost fell out of bed with the first strike from that storm. Woke straight up with my heart racing, great stuff....

Solid 35cms(14") recorded at Gander International. Smashed some records as to be expected. Most snow ever recorded for both May 23rd and 24th. Deepest snowpack for the date. Records go back 50+ years.

Sad Ironic thing is this was their biggest storm of the entire 2017-18 winter...lol.

Archived