Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

Just now, kdxken said:

My daughter was at Lyndon State's graduation today and Jim Cantore was the commencement speaker. Big hit she tells me.

He’s like the Pope up there. I wasn’t there long enough to see him up there. I had to wait until he came in while I was serving tables at Carrabba’s in the early 2000s lol.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Black flies up here are probably only an 8-9/10 tonight versus 10/10 this past week. Baby steps.

Christ I wouldn't leave your house. When I arrived in Northfield the other day it was midday, sunny out with a breeze. Hardly ideal conditions for BFs, within minutes I had blood on me.

"You’ll remember next weekend’s 3 days of 75-80+ and sun "

Tropical downpours, concerns to mar holiday plans in East

Tropical moisture is expected to result in rounds of showers and thunderstorms across a large swath of the East during the holiday weekend

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/memorial-day-weekend-outlook-plans-may-be-spoiled-by-tropical-downpours-in-east-showers-in-northwest/70004995d.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

My daughter was at Lyndon State's graduation today and Jim Cantore was the commencement speaker. Big hit she tells me.

I just watched his speech. He received an honorary doctorate of science. As for his speech, I wasn't impressed. I thought because of his back ground, he would have had a better delivery, since he has spent his life performing for the cameras. It didn't feel as if he wanted to be there. It felt like a chore, or just something he had to do, even though he wasn't interested.

1 hour ago, kdxken said:

"You’ll remember next weekend’s 3 days of 75-80+ and sun "

Tropical downpours, concerns to mar holiday plans in East

Tropical moisture is expected to result in rounds of showers and thunderstorms across a large swath of the East during the holiday weekend

https://www.accuweather.com/en/weather-news/memorial-day-weekend-outlook-plans-may-be-spoiled-by-tropical-downpours-in-east-showers-in-northwest/70004995d.

Sunday and Monday a concern for sure.

2 hours ago, kdxken said:

Christ I wouldn't leave your house. When I arrived in Northfield the other day it was midday, sunny out with a breeze. Hardly ideal conditions for BFs, within minutes I had blood on me.

The beauty of living on a hill with streams near a river. Lots of moving water for them to reproduce. Amazon will be delivering me a bug suit this week. 

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The beauty of living on a hill with streams near a river. Lots of moving water for them to reproduce. Amazon will be delivering me a bug suit this week. 

Raked at the cottage Saturday on Winnisquam yesterday. Repellant, hoodie, hat...nothing worked. Worst I can remember.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

What a gorgeous day, lets hope GFS is out to lunch for Memorial day. Euro looks wet too but GFS is noose worthy. One more crap day tomorrow then we get a summery taste finally. Hopefully things change for the weekend.

I may need to start working weekends and take weekdays off because that's been the pattern for our nicest weather. 

1 hour ago, Spanks45 said:

Day 4 of no school school here. At this point they might as well just go to school until July. This pretty much guarantees that June ends up being a dry/hot month. No air conditioning ftl....

Huh?  No school because no AC?  No need for AC right now.

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, Typhoon Tip said:

Tam' it's a correction I've seen 'endemic' to the NAM as well...  I've noticed that it balloons QPF handling winter storms in the FRH FOUS numbers by 1/3 to almost 1/2" for midland intensity mid latitude events. It seems when a system in question is of upper tier physical presence in the atmosphere it does better .. probably because above some threshold any biases ends up masked by the prominence of the event its self.. But, below that, it loves to have 1+" totals at 60 hours ... ending up as .5 and change if that by 24 hours lead.

I wonder if that's an American model trait ...do to some .. process/sequencing they use that say the UKMET or Euro don't. Who knows ...

Interesting that it's a possible glitch in both models.  Anyway, the later gfs was on target - we had 0.28", almost the least of any cocorahs site in the state.

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

incredible damage, surprised Bob didn't know

Capture.JPG

It's hard to tell if you take main roads, the second you go off onto a back road, even secondary ones, there are still so many that are closed with trees and powerlines...pretty amazing almost a week later.

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Dumb question so I know nothing about this stuff but how do I know if my car is leased or financed? I make monthly payments every month to the place who offered the loan to cover the remainder of what I owed. I tried to look it up on google but I still can't tell. 

Call the Finance Company.  In general though, payments on a lease would be far less than payments on a purchase for the same vehicle and the terms typically would be shorter for a lease 24-36mo vs a purchase which most people do 48-60mo.

4 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Call the Finance Company.  In general though, payments on a lease would be far less than payments on a purchase for the same vehicle and the terms typically would be shorter for a lease 24-36mo vs a purchase which most people do 48-60mo.

Thanks! It's financed. Was trying to search around for different insurance but I'm fooked either way...oh well

Archived