Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

You going?   They quickly buillt that into one of the premier alternative music events in the country. 

I know I'm getting old when I only knew about 1/3 of the bands performing. 

Yes Platinum pass for all three days . I never would've spent the money it was a gift . Don't feel bad I follow music pretty closely and I might know less than 1/3 of the bands 

11 minutes ago, tamarack said:

A few spritzes outside.  Latest GFS did its usual trick of dropping QPF here by 50% or more just prior to the event - was about 1" on yesterday's runs, down to .3-.4 at 12z (and radar looks rather disjointed, so the model may be on to something.)

Tam' it's a correction I've seen 'endemic' to the NAM as well...  I've noticed that it balloons QPF handling winter storms in the FRH FOUS numbers by 1/3 to almost 1/2" for midland intensity mid latitude events. It seems when a system in question is of upper tier physical presence in the atmosphere it does better .. probably because above some threshold any biases ends up masked by the prominence of the event its self.. But, below that, it loves to have 1+" totals at 60 hours ... ending up as .5 and change if that by 24 hours lead.

I wonder if that's an American model trait ...do to some .. process/sequencing they use that say the UKMET or Euro don't. Who knows ...

49 minutes ago, dendrite said:

60F up here today. Not bad until the rain arrived in the afternoon. Lots of morning sun.

Made it higher up here...salvaged a lot of the day and it was quite nice for a while.

63/24 with 23% RH at 1pm was real nice before it was able to saturate more at 4-5pm.  

Funny how -RN started being reported at 57/35...44% RH and water evaporating on the ground as fast as it falls.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Made it higher up here...salvaged a lot of the day and it was quite nice for a while.

63/24 with 23% RH at 1pm was real nice before it was able to saturate more at 4-5pm.  

Funny how -RN started being reported at 57/35...44% RH and water evaporating on the ground as fast as it falls.

FVE with the rare win today...low 70s.

Sun's trying to peek out, but it's struggling with the murk.

With my travels, I've missed most of the month's warmth and have only been exposed to cold rains.  I guess that will change this week, and the pool's opening tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we're doing a little house exploring in ORH land today.  My wife's taken a position in Worcester so we'll likely be getting the Pit on the market in a month or so.  I am going to miss this place.

4 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Sun's trying to peek out, but it's struggling with the murk.

With my travels, I've missed most of the month's warmth and have only been exposed to cold rains.  I guess that will change this week, and the pool's opening tomorrow.

Meanwhile, we're doing a little house exploring in ORH land today.  My wife's taken a position in Worcester so we'll likely be getting the Pit on the market in a month or so.  I am going to miss this place.

Wow man. Now that is big news. Welcome to more qpf !

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Wow man. Now that is big news. Welcome to more qpf !

We had inklings this would be happening for a while as we wanted to get closer to our daughter who's going to live at school next year.  We've been here for 10 years (longest I've ever lived someplace other than my childhood home).  Good chance will live right in Worcester though I'm also open to other areas NW of there.  

Our first house was in Worcester--back when I discovered Eastern around 2003.  I remember pissing my wife off by convincing her to cancel our Christmas Day visit to her family in Marblehead because of an impending storm.  Of course, the storm was delayed (not denied) and I still get sh*t for that.

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Man these dews this morning are great. Rocketing well up into the 60’s as we head into yet another well AN stretch to close out the month. What a Mayorch 

Box going below normal for later in the week.. rain chances increasing for Memorial day weekend meh..

Mentioned this yesterday that the ceilings were sketchy in the models... seeing it on satellite isn't shocking -

But, we are passing through a warm frontalysis and that's transported 60s DPs and with some splashes of sun we are around 70 or into the 70s where lucky.  Should improve ceilings further as the sun rises higher...

Tomorrow's looking like a top 3 day...  Looks like 0 cloud, 80 F, light or no wind, low DPs...  Just the gentle hum of a bumble bees while the wafts of lilacs remind us of girls that f-ed us over...

Archived