Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The woman I know at Umass Agriculture told me they are seeing NewEngland Lyme test levels running slightly above last year but more concerning is ticks testing positive for Babeosis.  Lyme can F you up but Babeosis can kill you if it goes too long without treatment. She called it the American version of malaria. 

17 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

The woman I know at Umass Agriculture told me they are seeing NewEngland Lyme test levels running slightly above last year but more concerning is ticks testing positive for Babeosis.  Lyme can F you up but Babeosis can kill you if it goes too long without treatment. She called it the American version of malaria. 

Yeah, lot of newer tick-borne diseases out there.  Powassan Virus is another.  No treatment for that yet.

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, lot of newer tick-borne diseases out there.  Powassan Virus is another.  No treatment for that yet.

Yeah, I think she told me there are five diseases they are tracking now.   We generally use the natural repellent's but now that the boy is almost 7 I have started spraying deet on our shoes when going into high-risk areas.

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah, I think she told me there are five diseases they are tracking now.   We generally use the natural repellent's but now that the boy is almost 7 I have started spraying deet on our shoes when going into high-risk areas.

The risk from DEET is extremely low...  many years of use by millions of people.  Very few cases of issues.

I get trying to avoid it, especially for kids, but the ticks are a much bigger risk

Been out of the loop on here since winter ended, Been very busy and have a wedding on Saturday as my oldest is getting married, Hoping the boundary and moisture from the tropical system rems stay south of here, GFS brings it into here, Euro keeps the bulk of it south,  Have about 90 min worth of pics to be taken outdoors at Bates College between 2-3:30 pm, After that will be indoors so won't care then.................:(

33 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Been out of the loop on here since winter ended, Been very busy and have a wedding on Saturday as my oldest is getting married, Hoping the boundary and moisture from the tropical system rems stay south of here, GFS brings it into here, Euro keeps the bulk of it south,  Have about 90 min worth of pics to be taken outdoors at Bates College between 2-3:30 pm, After that will be indoors so won't care then.................:(

Nice

7 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Looks like a continuous wet feed from the south. Good time for a 10 day vaca. 

.SYNOPSIS...
An area of light rain moves up the coast and across Southern New
England tonight. A weak cold front sweeps south from Canada on
Thursday, pushing any leftover rain offshore. Friday will
feature cooler weather with showers moving in by the later half
of the day. Expect widespread showers Friday night into Saturday
night, with locally heavy rainfall at times. Warmer temperatures
move in Sunday into early next week, though scattered showers
will linger. Drier conditions may return next Wednesday.

I pity the fool who actually installed 

52 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Models have the warm front moving north of SNE later Saturday, setting up another warm and humid day Sunday. And another uncomfortable night for anyone left that hasn’t installed. 

6th warmest May on record for BOS to date. Pretty impressive 

The funny thing is the warm has been interspersed with chilly so the vibe is not as warm as it’s actually been.   But of course Tuesday popped up to 85 so the warm is over performing as it did the first days of May.

Archived