Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
31 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Quite a shock to the system this morning. 80° yesterday and fell to 38.9° this morning before the fog formed. 

75 yesterday, felt hot in the sun as I was bushwhacking thru the woods.  Solid frost this AM, low was probably 30.

Final tick count from yesterday's excursion in Topsham was 14 (assuming I found all of them), with 12 dog variety and 2 deer.

9 hours ago, dendrite said:

I woke up to 52F. Congrats on living in another world.

The funny thing is the day before when you were 38F (that post about shock to the system), the temp here was in the low 50s.  We just traded places ha.

Tonight could get cold if this cirrus moves out.  Dew of 23F this afternoon and now, with a high in the low-50s, things are primed for a hard freeze and temps in the 20s.  Of course my wife planted early so we'll be covering up tonight.

There's still some snow in the higher elevations and have been able to ski a lap most days after work.

This is the work road to the top of the Gondola that's been plowed out.  The man-made and natural snow combo at this elevation is pretty crazy.  The top of that is the snow surface.  The skies are 186cm's.

Np1mkVy.jpg

Snowcat push piles on the left are impressive overhead.  Going to take a while to melt that snow at 3,600ft.  Should still be there when the Gondola opens for summer operations.

QWjsRQD.jpg

Archived