Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, S&P said:

played golf yesterday at Montaup CC, which sits on a spit of land that runs east west across Narragansett Bay, for the most part wind was screaming out of south so temps were mostly in the 60's and you could feel the chill from the 40 something degree water. Every once in a while the wind would die down and you could feel the heat from the land just fill the airmass and the temp would easily jump 10 degrees , then wind back off the water and the temp would drop back into 60's with low dews. glad we live here

Get out and play as much as possible this season. CC is a great spot for it as the heat ramps in summer over inland areas. 

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Happy Birthday Brian, 40 yrs old, Just a pup.............:lol:

Beat me to it!   Enjoy, Brian - 40 is when the fun begins.
When I turned 40, back when a calculator consisted of beads on strings, my several-years-younger wife gave me a card which read, "Congratulations, you're 40!"  And on the inside, "And I'm not!!!"

29 minutes ago, tamarack said:

When I turned 40, back when a calculator consisted of beads on strings, my several-years-younger wife gave me a card which read, "Congratulations, you're 40!"  And on the inside, "And I'm not!!!"

:lol:

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Glad we dont live there or have oaks near the house

This honest to God was crawling across my desk at work around 3:30 before I left. We had swaths of them locally by the office last year in Farmington . What are the chances there’s one crawling on my desk after the outbreak last 2 years lol. Gonna scout at home 

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

I know it's your birthday and all, but the HRRR has me asking what's the status of of the chickens' tornado shelter? 

I was standing here when my phone went off with a Tornado Watch.... very odd to see that alert while standing in this environment.

NWS stake was showing 60-63" but hard to pick an exact number due to the variable surface.

xEe7dUr.jpg

49 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Pretty cocky day here. First 18 of season incoming tomorrow.

Any CT golfers interested in an outing? MA and RI heads welcomed as well. Even if the great white North wants to join...no discrimination. We could do a CMA course.

Any interest and Ill start a thread.

Come up to VT, I’m president of my club and can set up a great deal. 

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

I was standing here when my phone went off with a Tornado Watch.... very odd to see that alert while standing in this environment.

NWS stake was showing 60-63" but hard to pick an exact number due to the variable surface.

Should be easy to track the tornado path through the chewed up snow.

7 hours ago, dryslot said:

Happy Birthday Brian, 40 yrs old, Just a pup.............:lol:

5 hours ago, tamarack said:

4 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I know it's your birthday and all, but the HRRR has me asking what's the status of of the chickens' tornado shelter? 

Thanks all. And no the chickens don’t need severe wind tonight.

Archived