Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

8 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Apparently they got waivers up by Stratton then because Mitch is right that there's some at 2600 feet. 

That elevation is brutal in New England though. Like I can't imagine building something at 3000 feet in white mountain national forest if you were able to. You'd have snowpack probably 6 months out of the year. 

Or they were grandfathered in. They are pretty strict too. A few years ago, the state ordered a house to be torn down in Dover, near Mt.Snow after the owner built it without a permit. 

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

What a day. We live for this. 

Days like this make me wonder why I want to live in a cold and snowy place, but come fall I’m sick of the bugs and humidity, the blood starts to thicken up, and I’m eager for winter. I just wish we could reverse the Labrador current.

19 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Days like this make me wonder why I want to live in a cold and snowy place, but come fall I’m sick of the bugs and humidity, the blood starts to thicken up, and I’m eager for winter. I just wish we could reverse the Labrador current.

Come October we want snow. But man in April, give me this. 

Went for a nice 35 mile bike ride this morning.  Plan was a nice stroll after drilling it yesterday.  Hat not as warm as could have been, probably should have worn shoe covers.  Discovered that the gloves I grabbed work great at 25 degrees dry but 40 degrees rain not so much.   Jacket was good for warmth downwind but upwind not so much.  Flatted a few miles from home at the crest of a hill.  By the time I rolled the tire off, installed a tube and started putting it back on I couldn't feel my thumbs no more.  That'll slow the process.  Riding home I was struck by how much hypothermia can alter your perceptions.  

So looking forward to 60 degree dawn patrol this week.  

It was still a great ride.  Any ride not in the cellar is a great ride. 

• Just drove in and out of 1/4 in hail from Middleton, MA country club through the center west past the police station, from 4:12 to 4:19 when I drove out of it.  It was still falling strong when I drove out of it.  There was enough to start covering the ground.

Archived