Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

28 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

First peepers of the season.  Late, maybe latest in my 10 years here.

Still waiting for them here. Shaded areas still have snowpack and a lot of the yard hasn't fully thawed out yet. Behind my coop and run there is thick ice just beneath the surface. These 42/10 days don't do squat. Maybe the 43F rain will help with that tonight.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

First peepers of the season.  Late, maybe latest in my 10 years here.

That's funny...I heard them tonight near me too.  A couple weeks ago I heard them down in the valley and then someone reported hearing them south of me in Tolland but I had not heard them here and I've been waiting for them.  Peepers are one of those anecdotal things I keep track of.  Next up is the forsythia blooming.  Average date is coming up on 4/17 and my latest date is 5/5 so we'll see how this year compares.

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

Still waiting for them here. Shaded areas still have snowpack and a lot of the yard hasn't fully thawed out yet. Behind my coop and run there is thick ice just beneath the surface. These 42/10 days don't do squat. Maybe the 43F rain will help with that tonight.

All's quiet here, too, and no wood frogs quacking in the little pond by our well.  Pack down to 6", lost 3" due to low 50s then 0.19" RA.  Yesterday afternoon was the first time I saw anglers at the dam in Belgrade Village.  Usually they're all over that place from the April 1 opener on.  Whether the change is due to this month's wx or to pike ruining the salmon fishery, I can't say.

Silver maple buds in that village are near to opening, final time for most of them as there's lots of pink ribbons about, showing which trees will come down as part of this summer's roadwork.  (And I'm not looking forward to everyday delays on my commute - the Village is a real choke point, with no convenient detours.  I could go Rt 41 thru Mt. Vernon and Readfield, but that would take 10-15 minutes longer than my normal commute, while threatening to shake loose my fillings.)

On 4/2/2018 at 6:23 AM, CoastalWx said:

I'm done with the snow. Never thought I'd say that, but having two kids indoors is enough to drive you crazy. Bring on the backdoors and seabreezes I guess.

HA gotta keep Charlotte and Tucker entertained. Love them but they sure go wild LOL although not even snow can stop them :lol:

10 minutes ago, Weatherexpert said:

Going to be a beautiful day everyone. Get out there and enjoy it! A glass of lemonade and if you want to make my special mixed drink mix the lemonade with keystone light (for our 21+ members) then garnish with some mint. Delicious spring drink 

Can’t afford vodka or something? 

3 hours ago, Sn0waddict said:

Can’t afford vodka or something? 

Hey you can use vodka if you like, i personally prefer a lighter drink that does not leave an older man like me feeling like i cracked my head open the next day LOL. I am also just a beer guy and everyone usually loves my mixed drink. I think i will name it the KeyLemon Winter (winter because the mint gives it a cool winter flavor). And you have to use Keystone Light. if anyone else would like to message me I also have some other drinks for all of the seasons i could give the recipes for.

Nice warm day out here in VT today. Temps going to keep rising from here out

47 minutes ago, Weatherexpert said:

Hey you can use vodka if you like, i personally prefer a lighter drink that does not leave an older man like me feeling like i cracked my head open the next day LOL. I am also just a beer guy and everyone usually loves my mixed drink. I think i will name it the KeyLemon Winter (winter because the mint gives it a cool winter flavor). And you have to use Keystone Light. if anyone else would like to message me I also have some other drinks for all of the seasons i could give the recipes for.

Nice warm day out here in VT today. Temps going to keep rising from here out

What's a good drink for fall? Maybe apple cider mixed with some bartles and jaymes?

Archived