Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pretty cool drive this morning. Woke up to a light coating at my house, but up the hill at 800t it was all white with probably a solid 1/2". Drove back down to 400' and there wasn't a sign of a flake.

Not boring?

Not fun. Looking forward to the nicer weather.

21 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I've never seen that map before, despite spending a chunk of time researching that event.  I recall it pretty well. We had close to a foot in Foxboro, MA and heavy tree damage due to the heavy wet snow on leafed out trees. Lost power for a while.

Will (ORHWX_man) has a good map, too

Tomer Berg (the guy who is making these maps) is attempting to compile as many events as he can. He has just about every event from this season (that was notable), and he's trying to do the same for previous years.

Here's the link if you're interested. He seems to be adding a few just about every day

http://www.atmos.albany.edu/student/tburg/snow/

On ‎4‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 10:25 AM, dendrite said:

Pretty cool drive this morning. Woke up to a light coating at my house, but up the hill at 800t it was all white with probably a solid 1/2". Drove back down to 400' and there wasn't a sign of a flake.

Not boring?

Had somewhat the same.  After the 0.2" flurry Tuesday evening had partially melted then become white ice at upper teens, requiring considerable scraping at 5:45 AM, I drove from home to Orono (forest research meeting at u. Maine) thru successive patches of dense fog, expecting some black ice but seeing none.  This morning it was just a thick frost, which scraped relatively easy at upper 20s.  Pack down to 9" this morning, losing about an inch a day.

Archived