Newest Member
    joxey
Spring Banter, Observation and General Discussion 2018

CapturedNature

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, alex said:

Yes the cold is getting old. I have a zillion yard projects I want to get started on and there’s a lot of melting that needs to happen before I can start. On the plus side, I got both my kids (2 and 4) on the chairlift for the first time today. They had a blast. 

Great now your kids think April is a winter month.

14 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Snow shower passing through.  Some critter rustling through the woods when I took out the dog.

I was about to run in for a minute around sunset with the coop door open when I heard some rustling in the woods. I waited and expected the deer that have been hanging around here lately, but instead a fox creeped out and walked over to the empty run. I scared that sucka back into the woods as fast as I could.

Does anybody know why and how many record lows there were in 1888 for Boston? I was just wondering because it seems like everytime I watch the news lately, the record low for the date always seems to be 1888. I know we had the great blizzard that year but how why and how many daily record lows were set then? Was it just a one-off, super cold anomaly year?

So much for spring skiing this year.  85" at the Coop stake because nothing has been able to melt.

Wind chills pushing -20F on the upper mountain right now in 30-50mph NW flow per MMNV1... ambient temp at the top of the lifts of 5F and 14F at the base (the wind readings don't work).

vByLGv8.jpg

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I didn't even think of that... spring sports season like 3 weeks long?

Even down here it's cold for the soccer stuff. Maybe I'm getting old, but this is the first year I can recall where I'm just done with the cold. The crap after Christmas was terrible, and now...I'm done with this April nonsense. If it could be 28 and snow...heaven.

45 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Even down here it's cold for the soccer stuff. Maybe I'm getting old, but this is the first year I can recall where I'm just done with the cold. The crap after Christmas was terrible, and now...I'm done with this April nonsense. If it could be 28 and snow...heaven.

I compare cold and dry to hot and humid without severe. Pointless and annoying.

Archived