• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
KamuSnow

Signs of Spring 2018

Chuck's going with a really hot Summer prediction posted this morning. Yeah, he's nuts and all and may have forgotten to take his meds but he's made some good future calls in the past. Sure as hell hope this doesn't come true...

ch.jpg

^ I was wondering if any summer predictions were out yet. Yeah, hope he's wrong...lol! Chuck's going with a hot summer until he isn't. I'm still not sure what his winter outlook was--I got whiplash reading his posts. 

2 hours ago, JTA66 said:

^ I was wondering if any summer predictions were out yet. Yeah, hope he's wrong...lol! Chuck's going with a hot summer until he isn't. I'm still not sure what his winter outlook was--I got whiplash reading his posts. 

Most of his predictions which I remember were "Winter predictions" which were sometimes good to very good. I really don't recall many/any Summer predictions (heat/temp) besides tropical storms (total). Or maybe I wasn't looking? Hopefully he sucks regarding summer patterns because 2-3 degrees above normal during the peak summer months would be horrible...Ben Franklin bridge jumping horrible.

3 hours ago, The Iceman said:

It seems like it has been years since the last cool and wet summer. I want to say 2007 or 2008? 

2013 was on the cooler/wetter side. I remember because we but our central air in that year. Otherwise 2007... the first year for our pool.....

4 hours ago, The Iceman said:

It seems like it has been years since the last cool and wet summer. I want to say 2007 or 2008? 

Last year wasn't bad at all through July, maybe not cool, but not overly hot. +2 or +3 like mentioned above doesn't even sound all that hot given most of the last few summers. I guess I'd gladly take it in lieu of +5 or +6, but at or a little below normal would be sweet.

Received an email from my lawn guy at the end of Feb basically saying since winter was over, he'd be out in the next week or so to apply the first treatment. Nearly two months later, he was finally out yesterday for the first treatment. Hoping for some decent showers today to wash it all in -- looking at the first mow of the season this weekend.

On 4/15/2018 at 11:45 AM, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

close but no cigar. 

80's yesterday...

It still wouldn't have been a "nasty ice storm" even if the temp dropped below 32 mainly due to the last this you posted above.  The surface temps would still be extremely warm with temps only dropping barely below freezing