Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

5 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Summer 2014 was amazing, and I love heat. Not only was it nice for temps, there were some great thunderstorms that I was able to watch pop from above the tree line from my balcony, which I miss dearly. Something about popping open a beer in the middle of a warm, summer night to watch electric blue streaks in towering storms... 

Years with wall to wall interesting weather are always pretty amazing. 2011 could count for that to an extent (maybe 2012 in place due to the spring/summer/fall weather), 2014 is obviously there, and of course 2003.

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

I agree.  I'd gladly trade a cold, snowy winter for a -7F, wet summer w/o a single 90F high.  Granted the latter is pure fantasy and physically not possible in these parts.

If it never snowed again I would be fine. Winter here is miserable, and this spring is laughable. It's been winter here for 6 months now. I'm ready for 70 degree lows and humidity to come back... get those and the highs will fall in line with a temp that is enjoyable.

14 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

If it never snowed again I would be fine. Winter here is miserable, and this spring is laughable. It's been winter here for 6 months now. I'm ready for 70 degree lows and humidity to come back... get those and the highs will fall in line with a temp that is enjoyable.

Florida. Check it out. There's only ever been 2 cases of a trace of snow at Miami. It's summer 9 months of the year. You'll enjoy it. 

35 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Anything below 80 degrees is winter to you.

2 hours ago, Subtropics said:

That's what I hate about this area.  Six months of bare trees and no gardening, i.e. winter, but almost no snow to show for it most years.  Just a horrible climate.

14 hours ago, Subtropics said:

You need to move to Austin, Texas, they have summer 10 months a year. Climate there is getting hotter, too.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:06 AM, BlizzardNole said:

Man mid-week next week is looking hot!

I should qualify my hate statement above -- Sept and Oct are pretty nice around here.  We do autumn well, but the dead season is way too long for so little snow, and there is no spring here.

Yes, completely agree in regard to spring. DC does not have a good spring. I don't see how this can be argued. We are either well below average or well above average. When was the last time we had 3 months of mid 60s to mid 70s?

26 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Yes, completely agree in regard to spring. DC does not have a good spring. I don't see how this can be argued. We are either well below average or well above average. When was the last time we had 3 months of mid 60s to mid 70s?

We don't live in San Diego.

Today is pretty nice if you enjoy this sort of thing.  Breezy warm.  We might not do spring well overall but we have some nice stretches of spring weather.  I am not a fan of warm or hot weather but this is tolerable I guess.  55 and drizzle is my idea of perfect spring but few share my idea.  

2 hours ago, BristowWx said:

Today is pretty nice if you enjoy this sort of thing.  Breezy warm.  We might not do spring well overall but we have some nice stretches of spring weather.  I am not a fan of warm or hot weather but this is tolerable I guess.  55 and drizzle is my idea of perfect spring but few share my idea.  

45 and drizzle with a  nice northeasterly breeze is MY idea of spring, nice and tolerable, especially with a soaked t-shirt on for full effect.

6 hours ago, Subtropics said:

You should be overjoyed, Subtropics. You got excellent weather coming your way next week, high in the 80s then in the 90s with lows in the low 70s. You should be absolutely happy, dancing down the warm street with an ear to ear grin.

12 hours ago, motsco said:

after 3 days of nice heat - pattern goes to cooler/cold dry spring weather -  chilly mid 60’s maybe topping out in the 70 range.  ene anf nne winds by next weekend.   yuk. 

In other words, we'll be getting spring weather in the spring. After 3-4 days of 80+, upper 60s will feel fantastic.

20 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I don't see the low 80s being super hot. The warmest I saw was FDK getting to 88 on MAV guidance but that's way out there.

I don't think 90 is out of the question, especially since these heat waves often overperform. 

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I don't doubt a few locations flirt with 90, but I don't see how the big sites all hit 90.

Most guidance shows mid to upper 80s on Thursday at 18z. I don't think we'll have widespread 90s, but I could see DCA and maybe a few other favored heat spots hitting 90.

3 hours ago, Eskimo Joe said:

I don't see the low 80s being super hot. The warmest I saw was FDK getting to 88 on MAV guidance but that's way out there.

You have major weather out in the plains this week. You have a massive high anchored in the west Atlantic. It's nearly early May.

It's been much cooler than normal for at least 2 months. The anomalous Block is gone and I am grieving.

Writing is on the wall for a major early season heat wave in Washington DC.

No problem hitting 90. Virtual 100 percent chance of that. Good chance, even categorical odds, of 95-96 degree highs on at least one day.

I've been here since 1967, I should know. You got early May coming up, climo, and the western storms and the west Atlantic high, its going to get hot and also quite humid this week. I wont like it, but thats just too bad for me. I should have fled to the Brooks Range while I still had the chance.

You get early May coming with this setup, you give those temperatures in DC an inch they'll take several billion kilometers. By Friday we will all be desperate for an icebox to crawl into,  except for Subtropics, this is his kind of weather, he will be out savoring an epic jebwalk with an ear to ear grin.

29 minutes ago, Jebman said:

You have major weather out in the plains this week. You have a massive high anchored in the west Atlantic. It's nearly early May.

It's been much cooler than normal for at least 2 months. The anomalous Block is gone and I am grieving.

Writing is on the wall for a major early season heat wave in Washington DC.

No problem hitting 90. Virtual 100 percent chance of that. Good chance, even categorical odds, of 95-96 degree highs on at least one day.

I've been here since 1967, I should know. You got early May coming up, climo, and the western storms and the west Atlantic high, its going to get hot and also quite humid this week. I wont like it, but thats just too bad for me. I should have fled to the Brooks Range while I still had the chance.

You get early May coming with this setup, you give those temperatures in DC an inch they'll take several billion kilometers. By Friday we will all be desperate for an icebox to crawl into,  except for Subtropics, this is his kind of weather, he will be out savoring an epic jebwalk with an ear to ear grin.

Yes I NEED this! Today's upper 60s and I literally still shiver with the wind. I just can't deal with anything below 80 these days. I'll enjoy this weak pleasant temps while they last before we head back into unseasonable chill...

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived