Newest Member
    SnowHabit
April Mid/Long Range & Disco

NorthArlington101

• Replies 724
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jebman said:

I hope that Masiello is correct, because I am absolutely LOVING all this scrumptious cool weather! Spring/Summer can WAIT. I am LOVING my cool crisp jebwalks!

It will end Jeb...but the longer we stay cool the closer we are to to next cool season...we could be in a crock pot right now..enjoy every minute we are on borrowed time sir

4 hours ago, BristowWx said:

It will end Jeb...but the longer we stay cool the closer we are to to next cool season...we could be in a crock pot right now..enjoy every minute we are on borrowed time sir

I am definitely savoring every second of the cool weather. I have even been sneaking outside at 3am with a soaked t-shirt on and walking around. When outdoors, it is vitally important to breathe in deep and savor the low dewpoints. If at all possible, get in a fast car, go 70 mph with all the windows open at night!

On 4/19/2018 at 6:31 PM, Maestrobjwa said:

Hey, I'd rather have a crap winter with few opportunities than a winter like this one with a dozen near-misses...

But man, having to write off an El Niño already is kinda depressing...maybe we should just shut it down till 2019-20, lol

We got Lucy'd so damned much in the 2017-2018 Winter that if we were Charlie Brown we'd be a paraplegic in a bodycast for life.

Ha ha Reaper, you are Retired, you can't even think of reapin' me now, you dont even have a ghost of a chance lol, ha ha ha. Hah ha ha ha ha ha ha HEH

11 hours ago, Jebman said:

I am definitely savoring every second of the cool weather. I have even been sneaking outside at 3am with a soaked t-shirt on and walking around. When outdoors, it is vitally important to breathe in deep and savor the low dewpoints. If at all possible, get in a fast car, go 70 mph with all the windows open at night!

You're the opposite of me. I keep my bedroom temp in the mid 80s for prime sleeping temperature. Back after the derecho my house temperature upstairs climbed into the 90s and I was the only one in my family who could sleep in the house. I was in my element!

10 hours ago, Subtropics said:

You're the opposite of me. I keep my bedroom temp in the mid 80s for prime sleeping temperature. Back after the derecho my house temperature upstairs climbed into the 90s and I was the only one in my family who could sleep in the house. I was in my element!

Yuck. We set the Nest to 58-60 in the winter and 68 in the summer while sleeping. We both love to sleep cold. I hate sweating or feeling hot when sleeping. 

3 hours ago, nj2va said:

Yuck. We set the Nest to 58-60 in the winter and 68 in the summer while sleeping. We both love to sleep cold. I hate sweating or feeling hot when sleeping. 

Too bad for me in the summer. We're dirt poor. I have to rough it. If I got to sleep in 68 degrees in July I would be so hyper they would have to call the guys in white coats to give me serious tranquilizers lmao.

Too Hot is my middle name, and when I am forced to move to South Texas it will be FAR WORSE, a fate far worse than death.

In fact, I will likely be a suicide risk while living there, but will probably sublimate it by drinking straight Jack Daniels. I'll become a depressed fat drunk. What an incredibly inspiring way to close out my life!

In Austin Tx, Climate Change is making the weather there much hotter, and far more humid even in mid winter. They are starting to experience dewpoints in the low 70s even in Jan and Feb on a regular basis. I know, I keep weather records. They will never see snow again, EVER. It will be much drier most of the time except for devastating flash floods. Don't be living on flood plains unless you like losing your home and your life. Austin will get NO RELIEF from the high dewpoints and the high heat, not even in an anomalously strong El Nino, at least not in my lifetime.

They might see some relief in the next ice age about a trillion years from now, lol.

I'll be living there one day very soon and I will be crying about humid all the time. I will never seen snow again, except in my dreams.

WE are going to transition straight into summer and then stay there. This year, Summer will last from late April to late November. Damn Nina loves us so much its ridiculous.

I'll be perfectly miserable for the next 7 months, beginning next week when the Ridge From Hell takes over the East and stays put til past Thanksgiving.

mother nature is lucy . no mater what we want , snow, ice, cold, warm, hot, tropical.  is always 7 days away then at day 5 it’s still 7 days away.

warm thursday -  friday is damp and cool saturday will be a late warm up but dryish and cool.  sunday back to november -  bla bla bla.  maybe 3 days next week will heat up. but then back to the crappy pattern.   

13 hours ago, motsco said:

mother nature is lucy . no mater what we want , snow, ice, cold, warm, hot, tropical.  is always 7 days away then at day 5 it’s still 7 days away.

warm thursday -  friday is damp and cool saturday will be a late warm up but dryish and cool.  sunday back to november -  bla bla bla.  maybe 3 days next week will heat up. but then back to the crappy pattern.   

Good.  That's 3 days too much.

13 hours ago, motsco said:

Looks like another bust of a spring/summer.  Probably going to be cool/wet/cloudy.

21 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Good.  That's 3 days too much.

Yup. Looks like the SE ridge will be brief. I can tolerate 2 or 3 days in the low 80s. but to hell with prolonged heat in early May. I will take all the days in the 60s and 70s I can get over the next month.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived